Why become a member? ×

Fender Jaguar Bass

Huw Foster

[quote name='drthirkenstein' post='710107' date='Jan 12 2010, 03:34 PM']i want a fender jazz deluxe. but the 75 reissue looks cooler. this is a problem.[/quote]
Haha, too right!

Perhaps you could reach a compromise by getting the 75 RI and upgrading the electronics so it's similar to the deluxe? Don't know much about either, so I don't know how well that'd work. Just a suggestion though.

I`m sorry but why all the "jaguar love"?

You are much better off with a decent Jap jazz. The jags are heavy, have a crap active circut (on or off, no nice transition) and some of them are poorly shielded and buzz like heck. I loved mine for around 2 gigs and then it was Joe La Toff and no way would I get another one. Get a Geddy Lee. They look better, play better and you have great build quality. Just look how fast s/h Geddy`s go.

Ducks for the backlash.

Jez

A proper Japanese guitar. (Even though it`s the original US one, but you get the jist!)
[attachment=40146:Picture_046.jpg]

Barry Adamsons Jag sounded awesome when I saw Magazine live and I have seen a few local bassists use Jags and sound great. Vid of him playing it on Jools Holland here...

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhD2bJXT43w&feature=channel"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhD2bJXT43w...feature=channel[/url]

Edited by mancunianfox

ok ok,

lets get this into the right vibe. These basses are the mutz nutz.

I have the black one and Im now very interested in the black scratchplate.

I use mine mainly in passive with both pickups on and the in series (on if thats right haha). when I fancy wacking in some wah and fuzz I change it to active where i have the treble boosted a bit. its bloody awesome and so easy use.

All in all this bass does it all, it has a wide range of tones and plays magnificant.

So lets face it, everyone should go get one, they are the mutz nutz,,,GET ONE NOW

[quote name='Paul S' post='698612' date='Jan 2 2010, 11:16 AM']Mine is black and, with a black pick guard on it, looks even cooler - my Panther!

[attachment=39160:jaguarblacksp2.jpg] [attachment=39161:jaguarblacksp3.jpg] [attachment=39159:jaguarblacksp1.jpg][/quote]

Now THAT'S how a bass should look :)

Edited by fatback