Why become a member? ×

Warwick - New circuit?

Randy_Marsh

The 9v 3-band Demeter in my Wilkins Jazz is really lovely. Rich, sparkly, with lots of harmonic overtones. Uses a stack pot for Bass and Treble and a separate mid sweep pot. It's paired with two DiMarzio Ultra Jazz pups. It's small too. I have two 'vettes and it would easily fit the cavity I think. Want pics?

[quote name='silddx' post='702800' date='Jan 6 2010, 01:39 PM']The 9v 3-band Demeter in my Wilkins Jazz is really lovely. Rich, sparkly, with lots of harmonic overtones. Uses a stack pot for Bass and Treble and a separate mid sweep pot. It's paired with two DiMarzio Ultra Jazz pups. It's small too. I have two 'vettes and it would easily fit the cavity I think. Want pics?[/quote]

i recently accuired a jazz 4 with emgs and a ob2 band ,its awesome 18v,!!!
i too have a warwick, dolphin, it has a peizo which is awesome but the mecs dont do it for me so im thinking anout getting the whole lot changed!!!!!!!!
i have a sei six with barts and i got a shack 18 volt in it and its wicked, and got a shuker with 18volts and emgs they are all good , except the fact they they are always active ,
but i never use passive anyway!!!
keep you all posted!

[quote]f you need someone excellent to do routing n stuff in your bass, go to The Guitar Doctor @ Kay's Music in Hanley, Stoke on Trent. I saw you were from Crewe and as im local as well and know the guy very well and he is awsome![/quote]

Nice one mate! I'll take it there to get the OBP fitted, thats a massive help.

[quote]The TK/PP has separate treble and bass pots with the push/pull mid pot. This needs 4 control routes on the front of the bass for 4 pots - the 3 I've mentioned plus the volume. The SK/PP only needs 3 as the treble and bass pots are stacked into 1. Most Corvettes from this era only had 3 pots? I might be wrong, but if you only have 3 then it's the SK/PP that you need to go for if you're trying to keep it as simple as possible.[/quote]

My bad! Yeh mine has 3 controls on it so i shall make sure to get the SK/PP. Nearly shot myself in the foot there lol

[quote]If you need a stacked bass/treble, mid, volume and blend then surely you'll still need to have an extra hole drilled?[/quote]

I might just get the OBP2. I know it fits and the reviews have been quality. Would i be fine getting either of the models?

Edited by Randy_Marsh

The OBP to go for is the OBP-2SK, it has the stacked bass/treble so you'd be ok with 3 controls

Personally i'd prefer to have a mid control, the one on mine (OBP-3SK/PP) sounds great, i think my 2-band Warwicks cound really do with a mid-control

By all accounts every Aguilar pre-amp is gonna sound sweet, just depends on wether you like 2 or 3 band eqs. If you really don't want to drill extra holes in the bass have you thought about an outboard pre-amp?

The Tonehammer is basically an OBP3 in a box with extra features:
[url="http://www.aguilaramp.com/products_preamps_tonehammer.htm"]http://www.aguilaramp.com/products_preamps_tonehammer.htm[/url]

[quote]The OBP to go for is the OBP-2SK, it has the stacked bass/treble so you'd be ok with 3 controls

Personally i'd prefer to have a mid control, the one on mine (OBP-3SK/PP) sounds great, i think my 2-band Warwicks cound really do with a mid-control

By all accounts every Aguilar pre-amp is gonna sound sweet, just depends on wether you like 2 or 3 band eqs. If you really don't want to drill extra holes in the bass have you thought about an outboard pre-amp?

The Tonehammer is basically an OBP3 in a box with extra features:
[url="http://www.aguilaramp.com/products_preamps_tonehammer.htm"]http://www.aguilaramp.com/products_preamps_tonehammer.htm[/url][/quote]

I've always liked 3 band eq's but i've not had much luck with the previous two 3 bands in basses. I dont want to drill a hole through the front if i dont need to so the OPB2 looks like a good bet :)

Yeh i had a goosey at the tonehammer, but the fact that this is onboard really appeals to me, iv asked for a quote for the fitting so we'll see how it all matches up