Why become a member? ×

Fernandes APB-5

Rayman

Beautiful Fernandes APB-5. I bought it as a backup to my Kinal which now appears to be on it's way out too, so I'm after a four stringer to back up the new bass coming in.

Superb bass for the money, classic Jazz type honk, lovely neck, excellent build quality and playability, currently fitted with a set of DR Lo Riders. I've been using it in preference to the Kinal for some recording work recently. Narrow string spacing 16mm at the bridge.

Fantastic bass, just not what I need right now, £225 for it please which is less than I paid

There's no case, so a meet would be prefered. Edited by Rayman

This is how someone else described a simillar APB while selling it in the US:

"Super nice high-end bass. This one was custom made for a Fernandes endorser, with all custom options done at the Japan factory as the bass was being built. It is a world class bass, in my opinion, at $1K less than most of the boutique basses. Features include Swamp Ash body with trans blue stain and gloss lacquer, which is a striking appearance with the gold hardware. Custom EQ'ed F.G.I Active pickups and electronics (Low freq. 85Hz, Treb. 3.5 KHz) 12 db boost and cut with center detent on both. Controls are, vol/pan with center detent/bass and treble via a 9 volt system. Rosewood fretboard on a 3-piece maple neck with gloss finish and light flame. Brass adjustable nut for perfect intonation. Prototype (at the time it was built) Gotoh Bridge, which can be a thru-body if holes are drilled and ferrules installed. Quality Gotoh tuners. 34" scale with no floppy low-B string. Lastly, it's a custom color, unnamed by Fernandes but it's a Royal Blue that allows the figuring of the ash to show nicely. If you've priced Japan-made Fernandes, you know that none of them are cheap. This one pre-dates the Gravity series which were still in the design phase when it was made. A Gravity 5 Deluxe is going to run around $1099 but this one is in immaculate condition with the added benefit of being a true custom built bass. How much more is it worth? How much less am I selling it for? Around $550 less. $649 for this fantastic Fernandes."

So go on.......make me an offer!!

Edited by Rayman

Thanks Al.

Obviously when you're selling a bass you big it up a bit to try and shift it, but really, this one is [i]soooo[/i] nice, it really is worth every penny. I know someone who paid £400 for thiers not so long ago. I'm open to offers of course.

No more bumps before Christmas, I know folks are skint, just make sure you all have a great one.

Edited by Rayman