Why become a member? ×

Macca on X Factor

Clarky

The tone he gets from that old violin bass is almost enough to make me want to breathe some life back into my old Höfner Artist bass. What a great sound. It can't all be down to the Mesa rig.

[quote name='Huge Hands' post='685026' date='Dec 15 2009, 12:08 PM']I laughed my head off at a friend's status on Facebook last night. He was arguing about why such an amazing music icon should be on such a show that idolises karaoke and non-originality (his words not mine) when a young girl he obviously knows suddenly wrote:

[i]"Karaoke? Well Macca is no better. He got up and sang a Guns 'N' Roses song".[/i]

At first I thought it was sarcasm, until I read her responses when people tried to correct her.

Classic! :)[/quote][quote name='tonybassplayer' post='685082' date='Dec 15 2009, 12:44 PM']PMSL :rolleyes:[/quote]
PMSL2 :lol::lol:

[quote name='brick' post='685103' date='Dec 15 2009, 12:56 PM']prob not pluged in, didnt see him on x factor but he looked to be faking playing bass at the children in need thing a couple of weeks back[/quote]

Macca's band looked 100% live to me.

[quote name='casapete' post='685409' date='Dec 15 2009, 04:55 PM']Macca's band looked 100% live to me.[/quote]

was more meaning somebody else was doing the bass parts while he mimed, cant remember which track it was but the bass line changed to the next note his left hand stayed still, i could have just smoked far to much crack that night and imagined it tho :)

Edited by brick