Why become a member? ×

PreSonus TubePre Preamp WITHDRAWN

nickcarey

[b][size=4][color="#0000FF"]PreSonus TubePre Preamp[/color][/size][/b]

[size=3]I bought this for a low output bass that I used to have but ended up selling.

This tube preamp is in [b]‘as new’ [/b]condition. It has only been checked on delivery to ensure full working order, but it is [b]not actually used[/b]. All the original packaging and documents are in the box.

What’s more it is only 2 months old so still has [b]10 months warranty [/b](original receipt included).
These pre-amps are great as a DI unit & you get more clarity and bottom end punch.

New, boxed with instructions and UK power pack.
I'm after around [b]£75 + £6 P&P[/b] (UK) or the nearest offer

[b][color="#FF0000"]Spec:[/color][/b]

PreSonus description of the unit: [color="#0000FF"][url="http://www.presonus.com/products/Detail.aspx?ProductId=16"]PreSonus Link[/url][/color]

The TubePRE is the highest quality vacuum tube preamp in its class. Loaded with PreSonus award winning dual servo preamplifier, the TubePre affordably delivers low noise tube warmth for vocals, guitars, bass guitars, synths and sound modules. The TubePre noticeably outperforms preamps in low cost mixers and recording interfaces making it an easy choice for anyone desiring to enhance their recordings with the magic of tubes.

[color="#FF0000"][b]Features:[/b][/color]

• Award-Winning Dual Servo Tube-Preamp
• Low Price High Performance
• Tube Drive and Gain Control
• -20 dB Pad and Phase Reversal
• +48V Phantom Power
• 80Hz Rumble Filter
• Back-Lit VU Meter
• XLR and ¼” Output
• Great as a Direct Box
• Power: 16 Watts

I am a bass tutor everything described here is 100% accurate.
For re-assurance please see my feedback[/size]

Edited by nickcarey

Hi Chris, I'm not sure to be honest. I would guess it could power small speaker probably around 20-30watts due to the 16 Watts power capacity.
This might be worth checking with PreSonus.
Sorry I can't be of much help.
Cheers
Nick

[quote name='Beedster' post='686627' date='Dec 16 2009, 06:19 PM']Hiya mate.
Will this pre, like a Phil Jones pre, drive a speaker?
chris[/quote]

Edited by nickcarey

[quote name='nickcarey' post='682115' date='Dec 12 2009, 12:58 PM']If anyone has any questions about this unit just ask. I can't promise to know the answer but I'll do my best.[/quote]

[quote name='nickcarey' post='688145' date='Dec 18 2009, 10:43 AM']Hi Chris, I'm not sure to be honest.....[/quote]

Well, you were as good as your promise Nick :)

[quote name='nickcarey' post='688145' date='Dec 18 2009, 10:43 AM']Hi Chris, I'm not sure to be honest. I would guess it could power small speaker probably around 20-30watts due to the 16 Watts power capacity.
This might be worth checking with PreSonus.
Sorry I can't be of much help.
Cheers
Nick[/quote]
Maybe I'm misreading the spec at the Presonus site but isn't that 16 watts the power supply not the power output?

[quote]Power Supply
Type..................................................... Linear/External Transformer
Input .....................................................................16 VAC/1000mA
Power ............................................................................ 16 WATTS[/quote]

Hi Dave,

I think you are right. I've just tried sending a signal from the unit to an 8 ohm speaker. You can hear it through the speaker but it is very quiet.

This supports what you say about the 16 watts being the power supply not the output.

I can also confirm the two outputs both send the same level of line level signal which is much stronger than usual.

Hope this helps

Nick

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='688226' date='Dec 18 2009, 11:41 AM']Maybe I'm misreading the spec at the Presonus site but isn't that 16 watts the power supply not the power output?[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...