Why become a member? ×

Newcastle upon Tyne area

smileegee

[quote name='The Bass Doc' post='688894' date='Dec 19 2009, 09:49 AM']Full of Vintage (JHS).

I thought Len White was still the no.1 choice.[/quote]

Just a bit before my time :)

"The other Dave from McKay's was the spit of (inspiration for) Neil from the Young Ones." but not quite as cheerfull :rolleyes:

spit was a dog.

Edited by hillbilly deluxe

[quote name='The Bass Doc' post='688896' date='Dec 19 2009, 09:51 AM']You may be thinking of Gypsy Dave - he's still around as far as I know.

The other Dave from McKay's was the spit of Neil from the Young Ones.[/quote]
Ah, yes, Gypsy Dave. Really enjoyed his sets. He'd play pretty much anything you requested and make it sound class.

And now you mention the Young Ones... that rings bells from the few times I went in McKay's.

I've found both Guitar Guitar and Sounds Live to be fantastic. Sounds Live tends not to have as much stock but they can get most things in, have exceptionally friendly staff and always offer you good deals. Bought my first off them back in 2007, various amps, Geddy Lee jazz and on the list goes.

Went into Guitar Guitar to try out a Marcus Miller Jazz on Friday and the guys were very helpful and weren't pushy at all. I was wearing a shirt so maybe they took me serious? They have a very nice collection of Sadowskys and a Rickenbacker 4001C64 for £2,000+! Was a bit concerned about walking near it.