Why become a member? ×

For Trade: '72 RI Fender Deluxe Telecaster FSR

Fender '72 Deluxe FSR (Factory Special Run) Tele in Olympic White. Only a few hundred were made, and only a handful made it to the UK. After some searching I found this one belonging to a guy who hoards special edition guitars. It's a got a '70s strat profile maple neck with a 12" radius, the oversized headstock and micro-tilt adjustment, a '70s alder Tele body with a belly cut contour and a hard-tail bridge, and of course the "Les Paul" control layout with a three-way selector, two Fender Wide-Range humbuckers and a volume and tone for each.

It's in what I'd call near-mint condition. It's been well played, but it has no dents, nicks, scratches or discolouration in the paintwork and the neck has maybe the tiniest of tiny dents in it if any. It still has the FSR sticker on the back of the headstock. Obviously it's still all in working order and damn close to as-new. Comes with Fender deluxe gigbag.

This might be slightly ambitious, but it's a limited edition guitar, so it has investment potential and is already increasing in value. I've done a bit of research, and as far as I can tell there aren't any on the market, new or used. I'm looking to trade it against a Gibson Les Paul. I'll consider a good Special, a Doublecut Special (single or double P-90s), a Les Paul Classic or ideally a Standard. I'm not hugely fussy about colour, but I'm not keen on cherrybursts. If someone could sort me out with a '60s-neck Classic or a Standard in ebony or goldtop I'd be made up.

I'll also consider cash offers around the £700 mark. I'm Preston based, you're welcome to come see and play it, but I'll also post well-packed (cardboard, bubble-wrap, in gigbag, strings loose, I'll take the neck off if you prefer).

Cheers!

Max

Edited by maxrossell

[quote name='Jam' post='676402' date='Dec 7 2009, 04:17 AM'][url="http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product.asp?id=5215"]http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product.asp?id=5215[/url] :)

Only kidding, hope you're successful![/quote]

Oh LOL.

:rolleyes:

I've put it up on eBay now, lower starting price. We'll see what happens. But as much as I dislike fleabay, at least those douchebags from musicradar won't be able to p*ss all over it.

[quote name='iamapirate' post='681824' date='Dec 11 2009, 11:42 PM']ahhh, all that hassle. Oh well. Hopefully your next selling experience will be a bit better :/[/quote]

Thanks. Also turns out, it's such a buyer's market at the moment I'd be better off holding onto stuff I don't need to sell anyway.