Why become a member? ×

My gear

throwoff

This is my setup only thing missing is my Ampeg B410 which is out on loan!

Basses - Fender Japan Precision 57' reissue (customised with Duncan Quarter Pounder, Thumb rest, bridge cover) MusicMan Stingray 3EQ, Harley Benton Acoustic bass.

Pimped! -

Effects - Boss TU2, Boss GEB7, Boss Bass Chorus, EH Bass Blogger. Mounted on a Warwick RockCase pedal board.

Amp - Markbass CL108, Markbass Little Mark 250, Rackmounted with AKG wireless racked in.

Misc - .96 Dunlop Delrin picks (when I need one) All Warwick Rock Cable cabling, Rotosound Nexus Polymer Coated strings

Edited by throwoff

As much as I love the Stringray its only recently I started picking up the P again and remembered why I fell in love with it in the first place.

The neck profile is massive and the whole thing just gives off a simpler time vibe, with the thumb rest in the odd position, Duncan p/up and bridge cover with a mute under it it just feels right, although I play in a punk/emo/rock band and the look is so wrong for it

[quote name='throwoff' post='673852' date='Dec 4 2009, 02:12 AM']As much as I love the Stringray its only recently I started picking up the P again and remembered why I fell in love with it in the first place.

The neck profile is massive and the whole thing just gives off a simpler time vibe, with the thumb rest in the odd position, Duncan p/up and bridge cover with a mute under it it just feels right, although I play in a punk/emo/rock band and the look is so wrong for it[/quote]

I know what you mean - my P is the only one of my basses I've never considered selling!

It actually sounds better than I expected, I viewed the LM250 as a stepping stone amp to use for about 6 months until I had funds to get something bigger (Mark Classic or LM500)

I had a massive problem whereby due to lack of funds and selling some gear I was left with an Ampeg B410 and an Ashdown MAG300 which was the wrong ohmage to run it. Thanks to getting a job I invested in the MB cab and head and tbh I really dont see any need to get a more powerful one.
I have more than enough volume for small/medium gigs, tbh most gigs im DI'd so its not really needed to fill the house and im currently purchasing some Ultimate Ears E11 personal IE's so on stage volume is kind of irrelevent.

I know its kind of shallow but there is an image thing to consider especially if you are aiming to make it as a band even on a small scale and the Head and cab definatly looks the business and honestly it sounds it too!

If you are in Kent or SE area im more than willing to invite you round put the kettle on and let you shake my windows out!

Edited by throwoff

throwoff - interested in your rig. Do you mind if I ask you a few things ?

Just noticed the equiliser - can you offer any insights into it's effects with the markbass setup please ? i.e. what it sounds like before /after the equiliser is used, your opinions on it's usefullness ?

Did you arrive at this current setup by evolution, or was it a purposeful move to get a sound the markbass couldn't offer by itself ?

just curious. really curious.

thanks

I really evolved into this set up, I have owned about 6 I believe amps over the last few years never quite finding the right tone, I have used so many different combos of pedals and amps and I think I finally nailed it with this one.

I do a lot of recording and engineering so TBH the EQ was bought as much for that as I find it to be an incredibly usable tool when recording.
I do like a lot of low end in my sound despite playing in a pop/punk/emo band at the moment I do avoid that tinny bass sound a lot of similar artists go for.
The head only has the 3 band EQ so I bought the EQ pedal to give me a bit more scope as I didnt want to use a compressor but did want to push up my low ends.

Its not a pedal I turn on and off really its just on but quite mild. The settings are not fixed either I often EQ to the room im in and having the GEB7 makes that a lot easier/