Why become a member? ×

Aria SB 5 String 2003 Korean Model SOLD

Mykesbass

Just seen something I REALLY want, so another price reduction to see if this will go part fund the new BC acquisition.

I have this lovely Aria, it's the discontinued 303/5, Korean built, bolt on, ash top on alder body. About 2003/4. Original retail £549. Great bass, great neck, but I'm a bit of a big girls blouse and found it got heavy towards the end of the night - it's not really heavy (think about 9lb (4.4Kg)), just didn't sit right with me balance wise.

Small amount of "imperfections" - Battery compartment lid missing, 5 way selector only works in 4 positions, some strange buckle rash on the back which I have tried to illustrate, and a very small dink on the edge of the neck at 4th fret.

Missed out on the Yamaha I had my heart set on, but now something else has really caught my eye.

Cash price now just £180
Trade - Lightweight fretless possibly?

Mike

Edited by Mykesbass

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='karlthebassist' post='795361' date='Apr 3 2010, 10:29 PM']These really are great basses. I fell in love with the 4 string version some years back, but couldn't afford it. At this price it is an absoloute steal![/quote]

Thanks for the plug Karl, it is a great bass and has an amazingly playable neck - it just hangs wrongly on me and eats into my left shoulder even with a big strap.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - I know I'm probs too late but I got a nice light 4 string fretless? I could maybe slip this your way with maybe a little cash if you liked. I don't have a picture of it right now but it is a lovely bass to play, light and has been set up as well, so the intonation is pretty good. Its a slightly sparkling red exterior, all black neckboard and has a P/J pickup combo. Let me know what you think!

Hi Gamester,

Let me have some more info - pics would be lovely - if its the right one then I can always withdraw from Ebay. I have seen a more expensive fretless on here which I've sort of fallen for, but who knows?

Cheers,
Mike

[quote name='Mykesbass' post='823494' date='Apr 29 2010, 09:32 PM']Hi Gamester,

Let me have some more info - pics would be lovely - if its the right one then I can always withdraw from Ebay. I have seen a more expensive fretless on here which I've sort of fallen for, but who knows?

Cheers,
Mike[/quote]

Ok, picture are here, sound bites to follow!

[attachment=48700:DSC_0784.JPG]
[attachment=48701:DSC_0785.JPG]
[attachment=48702:DSC_0788.JPG]
[attachment=48703:DSC_0786.JPG]
[attachment=48704:DSC_0787.JPG]
[attachment=48705:DSC_0789.JPG]

Edited by gamester4520503

Thanks Gamester - hope you don't mind, but really want the other bass that I've seen on here so hope the auction gets me closer to the 200 mark. If it doesn't, then maybe we can look at a trade.

Cheers,
Mike

[quote name='Mykesbass' post='824965' date='May 1 2010, 03:45 PM']Thanks Gamester - hope you don't mind, but really want the other bass that I've seen on here so hope the auction gets me closer to the 200 mark. If it doesn't, then maybe we can look at a trade.

Cheers,
Mike[/quote]

Not a problem. Give me a shout if it doesn't sell on ebay!