Why become a member? ×

Black n' Maple Goodness

Buzzgroove

Here's the two I'm using now for all the black and maple fans out there. The Precision is a US Hot Rodded '99, these were only made for a couple of years before being discontinued, no idea why as the sound and feel is fantastic.
I'd been on the lookout for a Jazz for a while when the Geddy came up on Ebay about two months ago, I'd just sold a Status Energy 5 so it was ideal timing! The J Retro 01 preamp was already fitted and the sound is very natural and very huge, so much so that I'm thinking of buying the stomp box John East now makes which is based on the 01 system to go with the Precision, which I'd rather not mod.
The tuners on the Geddy are Hipshots as it was damaged in transit (ugly paint chips through to the wood as well) but I think I'd have changed them anyway at some point as the originals were a bit rattly.

They're both keepers and see a fair bit of work, hope you like!

Here's a demo I did of the Geddy with the J Retro, mostly just impro so sorry about the sloppy timing!

Edited by Buzzgroove

[quote name='AlX' post='669366' date='Nov 29 2009, 07:25 PM']i really love Black and Maple basses.. it´s one of the best (if not the best) colour (and wood colour) combination.
Oh.. just in case you didn´t notice.. you can see my bass´ pickguard is signed... Can you guess who signed it ?[/quote]

Meant to ask about that, do tell!