Why become a member? ×

Bass Combo

Joshbasscana

Hey troops,

I'm in the market for a bass combo for some gigs with my band. Im currently lugging around a Warwick 5.1 Tubepath Head and 410 Cab. Ive been thinking about downscaling recently to maybe a 2x10 Bass combo i.e. Ampeg Ba600, Ashdown Klystron C210
We've been writing stuff recently which is crying out for a bit more grit, so that's something Im looking for. The warwick is a brilliant clean amp, but I need something a bit naughtier - without breaking the law of course. And something slightly more portable. Is there a combo amp out there which really does deliver on volume, superb tone and, to an extent, portablility?
Would appreciate your input and advice.
Cheers guys,

Josh

I saw the review for the Ampeg BA600 210 in some bass mag recently. It said it was pretty good - but you gotta dig the ampeg tone or it aint for you. Not sure about the 115.

[quote name='chris_b' post='663027' date='Nov 23 2009, 06:50 PM']I don't think the Ampeg BA600 with either the 210 or 115 has had very good reviews.[/quote]

Actually - just read some of those reviews on harmony central. Yup - I wont be buying an ampeg combo anytime soon then!

Im actually getting quite tempted at an Orange bass Tiny Terror and either 115 cab or a 210. It's not a combo, but seems not bad for the buck! With it having a digital power section, is that a bad thing or a good thing I wonder?

[quote name='Joshbasscana' post='663042' date='Nov 23 2009, 07:07 PM']I saw the review for the Ampeg BA600 210 in some bass mag recently. It said it was pretty good - but you gotta dig the ampeg tone or it aint for you. Not sure about the 115.[/quote]