Why become a member? ×

2 wee amps, more volume?

ase_one23

first off, this is a question about guitar amps really (boo hiss :) ) but i trust this forum's opinions more than any guitar ones!

i've just picked myself up a peavey delta blues for much cheapness, it's a wee cracker but a touch underpowered for gigs. i've got this crazy idea to pick up another one with the 15" speaker (mine's is the 2x10") and run them together. would this really make things 'louder' though? or just 'bigger'? i realise that we're going into discussions about what volume is etc but basically - would this boost how loud my guitar sounds on stage?

[quote name='chris_b' post='662923' date='Nov 23 2009, 05:17 PM']Get a 2x10 extension cab? I know several guitarists who gigged with the Peavey Classic 1x12 combo and with the extra 1x12 cab it was a great sound and pretty loud too.[/quote]

ah, good plan, i hear that the classic and the delta are pretty similar so that might just work!

[quote name='ase_one23' post='662905' date='Nov 23 2009, 05:05 PM']first off, this is a question about guitar amps really (boo hiss :) ) but i trust this forum's opinions more than any guitar ones!

i've just picked myself up a peavey delta blues for much cheapness, it's a wee cracker but a touch underpowered for gigs. i've got this crazy idea to pick up another one with the 15" speaker (mine's is the 2x10") and run them together. would this really make things 'louder' though? or just 'bigger'? i realise that we're going into discussions about what volume is etc but basically - would this boost how loud my guitar sounds on stage?[/quote]

I have a mint Peavey Delta Blues 1x15 combo that I may be interested in selling. Complete with footswitch,manual and Peavey cover.
PM me for pics?
Cheers.
Pete.