Why become a member? ×

Schroeder 1212L for sale, black rhino finish

Finbar

The Schroeder 1212L is really light (one hand lift for an average person) and also portable due to the angled speaker keeping the size down. As a search of the web will show, it is a very loud cab for the size, and will quite happily work for a single cab solution for most people! The fabled 'mid-hump' of the Schroeder cabs is present, but that is no bad thing IMO. Although the tweeter is something I haven't really used much as I find it to disagree with distortion, it is quite musical when used for a more traditional sound.

I bought this cab to replace a Marshall 4x12 cab roughly 2 years ago. It has done an admirable job and I have used it happily until now. I don't play dub or reggae etc, but for a sound which cuts through a dense rock mix, I've been nothing but happy with this cab. I'm only getting shot of it as I am getting a Matamp head. It isn't 2 ohm stable so there's no point in me having two 4 ohm cabs - this cab should be making someone else happy, not lying around my house. The money from sale wouldn't hurt either with regards to paying for the Matamp!

The cab is rated 800W at 4 ohms, has 2 12" neodynium speakers (could be wrong, but I believe they're the Celestion orange label ones) as well as an adjustable tweeter. The dimensions are 23.5x16x16 inches. The cab's weight is 42 lbs.

As much as I try to look after my gear, this thing has had a hard life, and hasn't remained in perfect condition. The knob for the tweeter on the rear of the cab has come off, but is still adjustable. I will look to see if I have a replacement knob lying around! The rhino finish has largely held up well, though there are around half a dozen small patches where it has been damaged enough to see the wood. The largest of which is on the front of the cab at the very bottom, where it has had a hard landing or something I guess.

Includes a padded cover.

Looking for £400 plus delivery. £450 seems to be a pretty going rate, and mine's had a few cosmetic knocks, so yeah.

Got a couple photos now. Sorry they aren't great!

Frontal view.

The most major damage - not as obvious from the front, as seen in the previous photo.

Another small mark at the front.

On one of the sides - you can see two small marks (one at the left and one at the right)

The back panel and a couple more little breaks in the rhino.

I know it's kind of hard to tell from those photos, sorry :)

Edited by Finbar

To clarify, it is a cover bought from SHX, which I believe in turn comes from Jorg. Neither of the covers I have actually have the Schroeder logo on them, but they were accessories sold to me at the same time as the cab. Whether that makes them 'official' ones or not, I'm not sure.