Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Sterling by MusicMan Ray 34 **SOLD**

OutToPlayJazz

[u][i][b]**NOW SOLD!** Many thanks for all the interest!
[/b][/i]
[/u]
Okay, so this was meant to be sold as part of another deal, but the other bass never happened in the end. Since then, this has had a lovely new set of DR Marcus Miller FatBeams (40-100) installed and is set up beautifully.

3 band eq is just as sensitive as the EBMM one, massive lows, huge hissy highs & lots of gritty mids available. Poly gloss black finish including headstock, glossed back of head and neat divider to the satin finish neck. Just like a... Oh, you know!

Condition is A1 with just a slight manufacture blip in the lacquer on the back which won't even show up in pictures on the digital SLR. Comes complete with EBMM tools, original unused Ernie Ball Slinky strings & the rather cool SBMM (sail shaped) padded, fur lined gigbag.

Reason for sale? I'm picking up a natural Stingray piezo tomorrow, so this is going to be surplus to requirements.

So if you want a bass that looks, feels, plays & sounds like a Stingray, roll up, roll up!

£450 collected or delivered. £20 extra to post (which will mean I'll have to go begging around music shops for a box! Nooo!!! :) )

Hit me up with any trades you may have. Worst I can say is a resounding NO!

Any further questions, feel free to give me a shout on 07545 471037.

Rich.

[u][/u]

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='653830' date='Nov 13 2009, 05:12 PM']That sure does look like a 'ray :)
Apart from the decal, the embossing and the tuners I'm struggling to see any difference.[/quote]

Agreed. That's what everyone's saying about them. I think the nut is different as well, but they're all very minor differences. It's got the typical Stingray sound and feel. If it wasn't for my new one having the piezo bridge (great for swing lines), I'd be keeping this one!

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='654031' date='Nov 13 2009, 09:02 PM']Swap for a gibson sg special guitar and 50 quid?[/quote]

I already have one guitar for teaching purposes, I'm afraid. Basses and bass gear only, methinks... :)

Edit: Oh, and freshly minted pictures of the Queen, of course!

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='kevbass' post='654635' date='Nov 14 2009, 04:43 PM']This looks interesting, whats the deal with these? are they made by ernie ball, same electrics a stingray? is it what replaced the sub bass?[/quote]

The electrics are exactly the same as the Stingray, just made offshore. Preamp levels are supposed to be identical. The only "deal" with these is that they're not made in Californa, but instead in the Cort factory in Indonesia that makes the Squier VM's & some of the Laklands (if I'm not mistaken!) Quality is top notch & it sounds and plays just like a Ray. End of :)