Why become a member? ×

West London Venues

Low End Bee

We're looking to do a lot more gigs next year. We want to up our 6-8 weeks frequency.
We're re-launching the band (as we are now a three piece) with a new name after the next gig.
We would also like to be able to team up on a loose basis with another complimentary band to split gigs with.
We suit a 45 minute set as we only do originals and it would be nice to sell us as a package with another band to venues.
Selfishly I'm looking at West London/Middlesex/Surrey. Maybe I can get a 'scene' going :)

Any venue suggestions?

Local'ish bands who want to team up?

We're in it for fun not money but we do take it seriously as well. We even get paid quite well normally as we bring a fair few. We're well known for the quality of our presentation. Website, flyers, turning up on time, etc. too.

Band links in my signature.

Ad

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='653524' date='Nov 13 2009, 12:23 PM']Define "complementary". :)

Do you want another originals band, or a covers band?

If the latter, then my lot might well be up for it.[/quote]

Define it. It seems I can't even spell it :rolleyes:
A band we could get along with. All mucking in, having fun and of a similar age group. No big egos. More or less sensible people with nothing to prove. We're aged 36, 46 & 49.

Covers or originals would be fine. I think covers would be a pretty good mix. The audience we get, plus standard pub regulars would probably find it a relief to hear some songs they actually know.

[quote name='thunderbird13' post='653572' date='Nov 13 2009, 01:21 PM']Good idea - my lot might be up for it and we're ( sort of ) based in West London . Any love for a Hawkwind tribute band with a few orginals as well ?[/quote]

Oh yeah I love Hawkwind. This is getting like the Greasy Truckers.....

The West London Band collective gathers steam.

• 2 weeks later...

Loving this thread! Love Hawkwind too! :) Well, don't know if you wanna consider
my band (ripped apart) Rock covers (we're all late 30's/40's).
We're looking for venues in west /central london/surrey areas etc.

If you look on my webpage ,that's the kinda thing we do.
The lineup's slightly changed since that demo ,but similar.

Any ideas of any venues for covers bands??