Why become a member? ×

1970's Gibson Grabber price drop SOLD

woolleydick

Gibson Grabber in fair condition now reduced to £375 plus delivery
No major dents or dings but it is worn as you might expect from its age.
I had to replace the tuners and volume/tone knobs (not the pots) as the previous owner had put non original style ones on.
The bridge cover is missing and one of the screws on the bridge is clearly not original.
The Gibson logo on the headstock is well worn (how that happened I cannot imagine).
It is fitted with an almost brand new set of Elixir strings and I will include the set of flats I got it with.
Will come in a gig bag.

I am in North Africa but can arrange delivery to anywhere in UK but it takes a bit of time so you do not need to be in a hurry.

[attachment=2733:grabber_front_copy.jpg] [attachment=2735:grabber_...ose_copy.jpg]

[attachment=2734:grabber_back_copy.jpg] [attachment=2736:grabber_head_copy.jpg]

[attachment=2737:grabber_...ate_copy.jpg] [attachment=2738:grabber_...ial_copy.jpg]

Edited by woolleydick

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

[quote name='beerdragon' post='219269' date='Jun 15 2008, 04:13 PM']I think this would have been long gone before now. if was'nt for fact of where you are based, gool luck with sale. i would love to wake up in the morning on holiday and find basses on the deckchairs instead of towels. :huh:[/quote]
I bought an RD Artist off Dick last year, top guy to deal with, and as he has colleagues regularly returning to the UK on leave I had it delivered (free) to within 10 miles of me, even if I had to wait a couple of months for it.
A vintage Gibson for the price of a Rockbass? Daft! Instant Adam and the Ants this one.......... :)

[quote name='umcoo' post='220648' date='Jun 17 2008, 04:18 PM']Don't ask silly questions mate :)[/quote]

Indeed - have a holiday in Libya or Malta and make sure you have the spare £375 spending money and save on the delivery!
Why did I not think of that? Brilliant!

[quote name='umcoo' post='220648' date='Jun 17 2008, 03:18 PM']Don't ask silly questions mate :)[/quote]

Hey Chris, I hope the G3 is working out for you. Its been a long time since we caught up.

I would honestly love to go for this, ive always loved the look and sound, especially after seeing alex from Manatees rocking one battered grabber, but im really trying to save at the moment. Bollocks.

If things change then ill be sure to enquire.