Why become a member? ×

My Life In Bass

alanbass1

• 2 months later...

Thanks Alan,
Great collection and brought back memories of Trevor Bolder too.
Was a big Bowie fan in the Ziggy days and met Trevor when he played with Uriah Heep using a Kramer. Played a great solo at the gig. Great guy too.

I had the fretless WAL in 80's - think everyone was buying them then - LOL !!!

I still have my original Thumb from 1989 with EMG's which like you found this one had that something extra. I think I tried every bass in Glasgow before going back to this particular Thumb.
Electronics failed within the first week but Sound Control returned it to Warwick and the repair was completed with a nice package of goodies including Sweatshirt, 3 sets of strings, book, various other smaller items and most importantly an apologetic letter from them in broken English with a German accent. Still have all this to date.
It was a great response from them.

I've also had the Rick, Shergold twin neck (4 & 8), Precisions, Jazz, Ibanez, Aria SB1000 & SB900, Yamaha, various Warwicks from cheap to expensive range and all pretty good for money.
Bought an Overwater 6 string fretless last year to celebrate the big 50 as you can see from pic.

Thanks for sharing your photos and story. Thoroughly enjoyed.

Cheers
Dave :)

Edited by dmccombe7

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

[i]Aye Alan, you got....and had some canny gear. Boy...a couple are as rare as hens teeth! Nice. Gr8 crack to read mate....i like em all .. my mate has a fretless Wal and it,s got some serious tones going on....wonderfull to play. Me, i defo fancy a Ricky next. Nice one and regards.[/i]