Why become a member? ×

Reccomend a courier which is insured for the bass and will go from south england to north east scotland (all mainland)

AttitudeCastle

Hey guys

Looking for a courier to get me my dream bass!

Unfortunately i can't get down south my self to pick it up but i need a courier, its a six string, no hard case (i'll have one made professionally the moment i can, any recommendations on that?)

best courier to get [i]her[/i] to me unharmed?

and also insured?

looking for modest Pricing (god love the rescission(sarcasm!)

he bass is down near london i'm in Aberdeen

recommendations on courier? (and hard case maker?)

Thanks in Advance!
Adam

Edited by AttitudeCastle

[quote name='jmsjabb' post='651023' date='Nov 10 2009, 08:46 PM']Can't you buy a cheap hard case to get it home then sell it on?
I could recommend but he would charge about £100!
You are asking alot from someone to transport an unprotected guitar without damage.[/quote]

i guess, i'm just looking for a way of getting it here so suggestions are welcome!

thanks,

any recommendations on what i should do?

as i am buying the bass you see

Edited by AttitudeCastle

Hiscox cases, not too expensive, very durable and great quality, Shuker and GB guitars use them so they must be ok. Try APC overnight, they are superb couriers and I have sent numerous guitars with them over the years with much success. There is courier rating thread hear somewhere.

If you dont havea hard case to ship the bass in, I always ask fro the neck to be taken off if it is a bolt on, smaller package and less chance of snapping.

I don't think any couriers will let you insure a guitar unless its in a hard case - that's a warning that normally pops up at some point when booking online.

I've found that parcelmonkey are the cheapest, certainly for large, heavy items and insurance is relatively cheap as well but, again, no hard case = no insurance if it gets damaged.

If I may get on my soap box for a minute, I personally disagree with insurance anyway - If I am paying someone for a service to deliver something to another part of the country/world, why do i have to pay extra to cover for one of their workers damaging my item? If I have an accident in my car and its my fault then insurance that I've paid for will cover it - surely it shoulld be the couriers that claim off their insurance if they break something? Answers on a postcard

[quote name='Delberthot' post='651345' date='Nov 11 2009, 09:28 AM']I don't think any couriers will let you insure a guitar unless its in a hard case - that's a warning that normally pops up at some point when booking online.

I've found that parcelmonkey are the cheapest, certainly for large, heavy items and insurance is relatively cheap as well but, again, no hard case = no insurance if it gets damaged.

If I may get on my soap box for a minute, I personally disagree with insurance anyway - If I am paying someone for a service to deliver something to another part of the country/world, why do i have to pay extra to cover for one of their workers damaging my item? If I have an accident in my car and its my fault then insurance that I've paid for will cover it - surely it shoulld be the couriers that claim off their insurance if they break something? Answers on a postcard[/quote]
In principal you're right, but as consumers we unendingly require everything cheaper than reality allows so the advertised price of a service might come without insurance added. If we collectively didn't try and undercut so ruthlessly without relent then I doubt pricing structures would be as they are. But every company wants to try to compete...

I think you have 2 options,
(1) Buy a Hiscox case, or similar and get it delivered to the seller. You'll lose £20 on resale maybe if you decide to sell it afterwards.
(2) Check out a cheap rail ticket and spend the day on the train going down to London, meet the seller and bring it home yourself. Best form of insurance !!!!