Why become a member? ×

squier vm tbass

andy67

afternoon folks...

just fitted a dimarzio model one pup to my squier vm tbass - what a feckin difference, massive, huge, large, bonkers! off its head! aggressive yet sweet, unbelievable!!

gone is the muddieness and colouration - enter the clarity, power, attack, bottom end articulation, balls and most of all welcome to the tbass...............................................................................................
................................... :)

I'll get picks up soon...

model one came from here: [url="http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/bass_pickupsdimarzio.htm"]http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/bass_pickupsdimarzio.htm[/url] and was $96 delivered £48 in our money! no routing needed at all!

andy

[quote name='andy67' post='71143' date='Oct 8 2007, 06:01 PM']as promised!

laflex; a precision bass bridge (proper one that is) works better in my view than a badass.... :)[/quote]

Depends what you want it to do (sonically)! I like the pics! I might definitely "invest" in one. I, too have an "Attitude problem!" (just the one though).
I'd feel the urge (except that's Stu Hamm's) to do what you've done with the VM tele, then shove a "P" in the middle as well as the neck HB, and then a J down by the bridge. I sometimes wish the Attitudes had a HB/P/J layout, but there's no way I'm butchering this chap to achieve it:

:huh:

yep fitted the fender pbass bridge on - the tbass is string through as stock, so no hard work required!

that bass is just gorgeous lfalex! also like your thinking! thought about the split p pups as it was a good/cost effective way of building the 'wife' as the body and neck on the tbass are really good!

Edited by andy67

What's the difference between The DiMarzio Model 1 and the Willpower HB used in the Attitudes? (sonically, that is...)

I think I'd avoid the Willpower "P" if I installed a split "P" in a VM tele. It's a bit twangy for me, though perhaps I could fix that with a Tone Pot... Might go for a different DiMarzio model. I wonder if you can get a 1Mohm volume control pot to brighten up a dull "P". I own a Squier 10's VM Jazz, which has 500k pots to brighten the dark-sounding "Duncan Designed" pick-ups.
As for a J at the tail, a Twin Jazz with a coil tap would be wicked. It'd give any mixture of;

HB, P, HB
or
HB, P, J

This allows for approximations of a P-Bass, a P/J, and an Attitude, too!

I don't think I'd do the routing myself, but I reckon I could it done completely for around £500 or less inclusive of buying the bass, 3 pick-ups, a bridge etc, etc.

Thanks for the comments on the Attitude!

Alex.