Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky Tokyo 5 - WITHDRAWN

Aussiephoenix

I had someone PM about this bass and why I sold it to Aussiephoenix, this is what I said...:

[quote]Yes - it was a great bass - no problems with it apart from the wear marks on the finger board which were purely cosmetic. I played & gigged it - it really shined in the mix rather than as a "home practice" bass.

Also A/B'd it with a Celinder J Update 5. Thought the Tokyo was the better of the two.

Main reason I sold was I didn't like the 19mm string spacing, although ironically the basses I play now are all 19mm. If I had the cash, I'd consider buying it back, but I don't at the moment, so that's not going to happen :)[/quote]

Edit: don't get me wrong - it also sounds good in a "home" practice environment. However, it was awesome live.

I'm sure whoever picks this up would be very happy with it. By the way the previous owner to me is also knocking around here somewhere.

He used to go by the name of russofjamm back in the BassWorld days, and I think he's on BC now with a different name which I can't remember.

So there you have it! :rolleyes:

p.s. I should add that my transaction with AP went very smoothly, and I personally wouldn't hesitate to deal with him again.

[quote name='Gwilym' post='647759' date='Nov 6 2009, 11:03 PM']I had someone PM about this bass and why I sold it to Aussiephoenix, this is what I said...:

Edit: don't get me wrong - it also sounds good in a "home" practice environment. However, it was awesome live.

I'm sure whoever picks this up would be very happy with it. By the way the previous owner to me is also knocking around here somewhere.

He used to go by the name of russofjamm back in the BassWorld days, and I think he's on BC now with a different name which I can't remember.

So there you have it! :)

p.s. I should add that my transaction with AP went very smoothly, and I personally wouldn't hesitate to deal with him again.[/quote]
Wasn't russofjamm what mr.russ used to call himself?

I've played this bass a few times at Aussiephoenix's place, and it's an awesome bass. The thing that really struck me was how comfortable it is to play. I'm more of a 4 string player, but with this bass, I found myself noodleing around fairly easily, and it was easy to forget I was playing a 5. The B string on it is really nice as well, although that's something I've noticed with every Sadowsky 5 string I've played.

[quote name='arpi' post='650080' date='Nov 9 2009, 08:52 PM']Hallo, looks very nice, can you tell me the weight and the scale length of this bass and shipping costs to Germany?

Cheers Arpi[/quote]

Arpi, as far as I know, all Sadowskies are 34inch, I dont have a way to weigh it here, but since its not chambered, I would guess its weight at around 9-10lbs.

There's a quote of 120eur estimated to Berlin, Germany (Delivery in 1 or 2 days, no insurance... stupidly, they dont do it.)

Cheers. Dave.

Edited by Aussiephoenix

[quote name='Manu Berdin' post='659977' date='Nov 20 2009, 11:13 AM']Hi , i really want to know the weight of this bass & also the pickups type ( single or humbuckers ) ...

Thanks[/quote]

Hi.

I can only guess at the weight... the missus doesnt like having scales in the house lool.

I'd say its 9-10lbs bassaussie's played it, and he concurs about that estimate.

the pups, so far as I know are singles, though there is no "singles" noise. the covers are sadowsky, but its been hinted that the original owner had swapped them for nordstrands. no idea, all I know is it sounds great.

Edited by Aussiephoenix

[quote name='Aussiephoenix' post='660197' date='Nov 20 2009, 02:46 PM']Hi.

I can only guess at the weight... the missus doesnt like having scales in the house lool.

I'd say its 9-10lbs bassaussie's played it, and he concurs about that estimate.

the pups, so far as I know are singles, though there is no "singles" noise. the covers are sadowsky, but its been hinted that the original owner had swapped them for nordstrands. no idea, all I know is it sounds great.[/quote]

when I sold this to Aussiephoenix it had the original Sadowsky single coil pups in the bass. As I recall, the pickup covers have the Sadowsky logo on them.

From memory the weight was closer to 10 than 9.

[quote name='Gwilym' post='660565' date='Nov 20 2009, 10:37 PM']when I sold this to Aussiephoenix it had the original Sadowsky single coil pups in the bass. As I recall, the pickup covers have the Sadowsky logo on them.

From memory the weight was closer to 10 than 9.[/quote]

I thought 10 was about right. When I was talking to Aussiephoenix about this, I thought the best description was that it wasn't a lightweight like a NYC Sadowsky, but it also wasn't a heavyweight like a 70s Jazz. It's in the middle area between those, and 10lb would be around that area.

[quote name='MattCvijan' post='666783' date='Nov 26 2009, 09:46 PM']Interested. Still available? any idea on shipping to UK?[/quote]

Hi.

Here are a few quotes for you. (Calc'd to London)

DHL - 1 Day Delivery 154.60 eur (+15 eur for insurance)

MRW - 4-5 Day Delivery (w/out insurance): 78.20 eur
MRW - 2 Day Delivery (w/out insurance): 104.50 eur

Cheers,

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...