Why become a member? ×

80's Marshall cab 1x15 250W 8ohm £150

razze06

The title says most of it. I believe this is a mid-late 80's marshall cab, 1x15, rated at 250W, 8ohm. It is equipped with a celestion sidewinder, has huge bottom end and is as warm as you like. Not ideal for sparkly top end sounds though...

It looks like it has had an intersting life so far. It is currently painted entirely black, but you can just see some camouflage (!) paint in unexposed, hard to reach places. Rumour has it that it was part of the backline for some 80's power trio...

It is not extremely heavy, I reckon around 60lbs. I can weigh it on the scales if you like.
It has a rather unusual shape, it is quite tall and narrow. Approximate size is 20x30x15 inches (WxHxD)
Here is a couple of (poor quality) pics, I can take better one if needed

I used it for three gigs, served me beautifully, i'm asking [s]£170[/s] £150.

I'll happily answer any question I can.

Marco

Edited by razze06

[quote name='razze06' post='652561' date='Nov 12 2009, 12:47 PM']Is this too expensive, too weird, or just wrong timing?[/quote]
Probably all 3!!..Actually,it looks to me like a folded horn design - great for dub[I had the equivalent SAI model], but as you rightly say,not much in the way of top end, although with a 210 I would expect it to sound OK...As it happens, I always thought this design looked really cOOl

Edited by Beneath It All

[quote name='Beneath It All' post='652852' date='Nov 12 2009, 05:57 PM']Probably all 3!!..Actually,it looks to me like a folded horn design - great for dub[I had the equivalent SAI model], but as you rightly say,not much in the way of top end, although with a 210 I would expect it to sound OK...As it happens, I always thought this design looked really cOOl[/quote]

Price can be negotiated, weirdness and timings unfortunately not :)

It is indeed a folded horn design, and it is one of the warmest sounding cab i've ever heard.
I use it paired with a 4x10, and it sounds great.
It would be even better with an 8ohm 2x10, which I don't have and can't afford at the moment ...

I took a couple of (not very good) pictures of the plate at the back, you can still see the camo paint :)
Unfortunately the plaque looks to have been painted over and then cleaned with some solvent, which took away much of the original writing.