Why become a member? ×

SOLD

mikeh

[quote name='mikeh' post='752817' date='Feb 21 2010, 02:21 PM']PM Replied Bob,
This is looking SOLD[/quote]
Let me know if your sale falls through. I have an SWR Golliath 4x10 up for sale in another thread at the moment and I should have the cash once it sells.

I used to have the same blue colour Rockbass Corvette and it was a great guitar for the money but this one looks like a bargain!

Edited by Davy

[quote name='bass445' post='753234' date='Feb 21 2010, 08:45 PM']I justed typed this bass into google, it read 'shopping results: £1,696'
if thats the actual price of this bass new than i am amazed :)[/quote]

That will be one of the newer Active Streamer models. I'm not sure why but the earlier passive Std doesnt seem to have a popular following and hence they dont change hands for lots of money, They were around the 5-600 pound mark when they were new, however you will be getting a proper German built Warwick for roughly the same money as a new Korean made warwick clone (Rockbass are Warwicks made under licence in Korea).

The last few std Streamers I have seen for sale go for somewhere between 2-300 pounds which I believe is incredible value for money for a 'proper' Warwick.

I'll bet you are getting excited now arent you..... :rolleyes:

Youre right there Bob, I bought one of these new when theyd been discontinued for the cheaper, (crapper) rockbass series. I think I paid £400 then, IIRC the retail was supposed to be £600. I think the rockbass name is why these only sell for around the £250 mark, people dont realise how good they actually are. The neck is the same neck that is put onto all the bolt on Warwicks. And Corelena body really does provide the Warwick Growl.

[quote name='mikeh' post='760958' date='Mar 1 2010, 05:14 PM']Good to meet you today Bob, I left Custom Built with a new bow and £765 less in pocket lol[/quote]

Thought you might......! I could see your eyes lighting up. Hope you got a good 'un.... :)

Just queuing the Warwick up for a major strip and rebuild before passing it over to Charlie.....

Good to meet you both.

Bob.