Why become a member? ×

Black Widow value?

Fionn

No set value, maybe £30/£40 region for the chassis speaker,bit more in a cab?

There are a few Black Widow 15 inch speaker types (1501 / 1502 maybe?), one being for bass use the other more of a general use/PA
thing I believe,so check out which one yours is before buying/selling. Having said that don't know if there's much difference between 'em.

Warwickhunt has a pair of BW 1x15 PA cabs on sale here for £110, which I reckon is a bargain for good USA made gear.
Cheers.

[quote name='casapete' post='635973' date='Oct 25 2009, 10:44 AM']Warwickhunt has a pair of BW 1x15 PA cabs on sale here for £110, which I reckon is a bargain for good USA made gear.[/quote]

:) Just happened upon this thread!

As stated, I have a pair of BW (each 4 ohm 350w) for sale; mounted in HiSys II cabs. I did a quick search on eBay and I found a BW basket assembly (i.e. no magnet etc) @ £60, so if you have a damaged cone that might be a good idea.

<edit>

Actually if you just wanted one then that might suit me fine as I'll just leave the other cab at my rehearsal space and it'll save me humping my gig cabs back and forwards! :rolleyes:

Edited by warwickhunt

I reckon £50 to £60 for the bass guitar version would be fair - it would be over double that new.

I seem to remember that with the Black Widow range (and this applies to the 12"'s and the 15"s) the guitar cab versions have paper based cones whilst the PA versions have composite plastic type cones. You will definitely wanna make sure you get the instrument cab version before you part with your cash . . . if your gonna be using it in a bass cab that is ?

The technical stuff is still up on the Peavey website somewhere ?

Good luck

:rolleyes: :) :lol:

[quote name='Nostromo' post='637111' date='Oct 26 2009, 05:47 PM']I seem to remember that with the Black Widow range (and this applies to the 12"'s and the 15"s) the guitar cab versions have paper based cones whilst the PA versions have composite plastic type cones. You will definitely wanna make sure you get the instrument cab version before you part with your cash . . . if your gonna be using it in a bass cab that is ?[/quote]

Are you sure? :)

As I say I have a pair of HiSys II PA speakers and the drivers in these are the identical items (i.e. paper cones) that are found in the bass gear; I only recall that as a friend some years back asked me to check as he had a BW equipped Databass combo and he was considering getting the driver from an identical cab to mine. Maybe the spec changed at some point. :rolleyes: