Why become a member? ×

Shipping from UK to rest of Europe..cheaper shipping company??..suggesitions

Hiperi0n

Hello , sorry if i can wrong section..but didn't know where to put the topic...
anyway i got a bass on Ebay Uk , the seller said me that the cheaper way of shipping he found is parcelforce at the cost of 69£ , that seems me a lot cause i often bought basses from Germany or Netherland and always paid around 40 euros...
can you please tell me some company or some experience of you to ship outside Uk and what price paid? thanx a lot for the help

Edited by Hiperi0n

I'm not really sure where else you would get a response maybe in bass general above.....

However in response to your question, in my experience ParcelForce have proved to be the cheapest by quite some way from the UK, all the others are (DHL UPS etc) are all LOTS more money to send to Europe and USA.

Sorry thats not much help is it....

[quote name='Hiperi0n' post='68088' date='Oct 1 2007, 12:44 PM']Hello , sorry if i can wrong section..but didn't know where to put the topic...
anyway i got a bass on Ebay Uk , the seller said me that the cheaper way of shipping he found is parcelforce at the cost of 69£ , that seems me a lot cause i often bought basses from Germany or Netherland and always paid around 40 euros...
can you please tell me some company or some experience of you to ship outside Uk and what price paid? thanx a lot for the help[/quote]

Tell him to look at interparcel.com, shipping to Italy should be about £37 (without extra insurance) using parceline.

[quote name='Hiperi0n' post='68088' date='Oct 1 2007, 12:44 PM']Hello , sorry if i can wrong section..but didn't know where to put the topic...
can you please tell me some company or some experience of you to ship outside Uk and what price paid? thanx a lot for the help[/quote]

I've shipped a lot of basses from the UK to Portugal, and in my experience, Parcelforce were the cheapest option around. I have used two other companies that were slightly cheaper, but I had problems on both occasions with the delivery time (one company actually "lost" a guitar, only to find it literally sitting outside the office of the w***er who was assigned to find the bloody thing!!!)

I think you'll find that the UK is really expensive when it comes to shipping costs.

[quote name='BB2000' post='68282' date='Oct 1 2007, 05:47 PM']Tell him to look at interparcel.com, shipping to Italy should be about £37 (without extra insurance) using parceline.[/quote]

What he said!

I used Interparcel to send a bass (in a hardcase) from the UK to Portugal, and I think (from memory) it was £35-ish. You can book online, and they come and collect the parcel, and you get decent parcel tracking on their website too.

Mark.

i think at the end we will use the www.p4d.co.uk service that was suggested from John_the_bass it was the cheaper at 35£ including insurance at 200£
interparcel was a bit higher for the measure of the package was 49+vat+insurance

i really hope everything is ok , yes i have to admitt that shipping costs respect the other parts of Europe are quite higher , but maybe that's because you are "oversea"

thanx a lot for all the suggestions...you are a precious resource!!if you come in Italy , a good dinner and a good wine for all :)