Why become a member? ×

Badass bridges - are they worth the money?

Dom in Dorset

I have a Badass on my flagship modded to death, hot and dangerous Jazz Bass. It was the first thing I changed on it and to this day is still my favorite mod, the terrible hand relic'ing job being my least favorite. I just honestly wish i could get my hands on another one for my p-bass :). It completely transformed my Jazz from the shrunken violet 'its alright in a sort of mediocre way' sort of thing that it once was to the snarling evil beast that it currently is. It now sounds like it would take your mother out to dinner and never call her again :lol: As I said the only problem is finding another one :rolleyes:

Edited by cocco

If you have a P or J bass then I'd say just get one. They are better than the stock units in every way, look good and if installed propperly you can get the string spacing nice an even. But yes the Badass I does not fit directly onto the fenders without making the action uplayable. the II goes straigt on. if you need the action lower than you can easily achieve with the II jsut shim the rear of the neck pocket about .050" to set it back a little. easy. youd love it.

I've just bought two, and they make a difference.

My thing for them stems from my Marcus Miller Jazz Bass.

It's a shame they're a pain in the arse to get hold of them, i'd much rather have bought 2 new ones instead of used ones as i've had to source new saddles for one of them...

but worth the money