Why become a member? ×

Spinal Tap Derek Smalls BC Rich Mockingbird bass guitar. What year? Model? etc?

coffee_king

hey All
Lovin the forum!
Can anyone please help me out. I'd like to know a little more about Spinal Taps' Derek Smalls BC Rich Mockingbird bass guitar.
Does anyone know what year model etc it is?
heres a link to an image (sorry its not great)
[attachment=34882:music_ga..._600x400.jpg]

Cheers!

shippo

Sorry, thought I'd get involved. Below is the answer from BC Rich about 20 minutes ago.

Hi Keith,

That was a Handcrafted Mockingbird Standard - gloss black in the pic you attached. I'm not sure of the year. He also used a white Handcrafted Eagle Standard in the movie with reflective tape applied to the body. Not sure of the year on that one either but I did see it for sale by him on Ebay a few years ago .

TK

So, I imagine if they don't know all the facts, you're on a loser to get all the info.

[quote name='Roffa' post='632886' date='Oct 21 2009, 09:57 PM']Actually, I think its a 8-stringer and a 4-stringer :)[/quote]

But of course! Check the rear-end octave tuners! I hada Washboard Explorer 8-string that was strung that way back in the '80s and the octave G popped when tuning up! sh*t design!