Why become a member? ×

My Fenders

ervert

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks chaps!! They are beautiful pieces of art, aren't they!?

[quote name='BassBalls' post='69008' date='Oct 3 2007, 01:18 PM']Wow that Precision is gorgeous, the best finish and colour i have seen.[/quote]
Cheers mate. I'm just about to put the La Bella 'Jamerson' Flats on it now. Then it will become "The Funkmachine" !! :)

I'd like to ask some opion though. It came with the pickup cover and the 'ashtray', as '62 P's used to be, but there's no ready made holes in the body for them. I'd love to put them on, but I'm not so sure should I start drilling holes on this beauty...

What do you think? Leave it as it is or start drilling and put the covers on?

Cheers,
ervert

[quote name='ervert' post='72764' date='Oct 11 2007, 01:51 PM']It came with the pickup cover and the 'ashtray', as '62 P's used to be, but there's no ready made holes in the body for them. I'd love to put them on, but I'm not so sure should I start drilling holes on this beauty...

What do you think? Leave it as it is or start drilling and put the covers on?[/quote]
Hi!

That´s a lovely pair (yes, I´m ignoring the guitars :huh: ).

My opinion: Don´t put any holes in that P unless you are absolutely sure that the ashtrays will work for you. You could tape them in place and see what they do to your playing. I found them to seriously limit the choice of tones on my P - for me, the sweet spot for plucking is directly over the pickup and you can´t play there with the chrome cover on. The bridge cover makes palm muting impossible. So unless you´re dead set on cloning Jamersons´s bass (don´t forget the foam mute at the bridge) I wouldn´t do it. :)