Why become a member? ×

Hercules Guitar Stand Case

jim_bass

I have a Hercules guitar stand and want to get a case for it.

I've been keeping it in the box it came in, but the box is now trashed.

I'm not really sure what to put it in as it gets chucked in the back of a van each week and needs to be looked after, but as I only payed £40ish for the stand, a custom flight case seems a little bit over the top.

Does anyone have any suggestions about what I could use?

Edited by jim_bass

[quote name='jim_bass' post='630110' date='Oct 19 2009, 10:03 AM']I have a Hercules guitar stand and want to get a case for it.

I've been keeping it in the box it came in, but the box is now trashed.

I'm not really sure what to put it in as it gets chucked in the back of a van each week and needs to be looked after, but as I only payed £40ish for the stand, a custom flight case seems a little bit over the top.

Does anyone have any suggestions about what I could use?[/quote]

Apologies for off topic, I had one of these collapse at a gig, and my Ricky and P-bass ended up on the floor, I'm not convinced they're man enough to support 2 x basses, guitars being lighter i guess are ok.

Hi,

How about a mic stand bag?

Studiospares carry quite a few in different sizes:

[url="http://www.studiospares.com/bin/venda?ex=co_wizr-locayta&template=wz_locayta&pageno=1&perpage=10&collate=pdxtleadtype%3Apdxtplug1%3Apdxtplug2%3Apdxtlength%3Apdxtcolour%3Aivtype%3Aprice%3Acat%3Abrand%3Apdxtpowerrating%3Apdxtimpedance%3Apdxtbacktype%3Apdxtheight%3Apdxtinputs%3Apdxtoutputs%3Apdxtinternalmic%3Apdxtrecordingmedium%3Apdxtscardtype%3Apdxtscardmidiio%3Apdxtscardinputs%3Apdxtscardoutputs&refine_sort_alph=&fieldrtype=type&termtextrtype=invt&typertype=exact&typekeywordsearch=keyword&termtextkeywordsearch=mic+stand+bag&searchsubmit.x=0&searchsubmit.y=0"]http://www.studiospares.com/bin/venda?ex=c...earchsubmit.y=0[/url]

Derrick

Edited by lapolpora

[quote name='farmer61' post='630217' date='Oct 19 2009, 11:47 AM']Apologies for off topic, I had one of these collapse at a gig, and my Ricky and P-bass ended up on the floor, I'm not convinced they're man enough to support 2 x basses, guitars being lighter i guess are ok.[/quote]
I had the neck piece break on one of these.

[quote name='farmer61' post='630217' date='Oct 19 2009, 11:47 AM']Apologies for off topic, I had one of these collapse at a gig, and my Ricky and P-bass ended up on the floor, I'm not convinced they're man enough to support 2 x basses, guitars being lighter i guess are ok.[/quote]

I share the stand with the guitarist and it seems to cope with one bass and one guitar.

I'm a bit on edge about this now....

Anyway, I emailed flightcase warehouse but they want 45+vat for a custom case. Doesn't seem worth it :)

I thought maybe find a cheap camera tripod case?

I use one at home, seems OK, but it ain'y getting the same treatment it would if I took it out on gigs
For gigs Iuse a fold up flat double (x2, not upright) bass stand, no fancy grabby stuff, just stick em in and leave it, not as small as a Herc' though!

Tony

[quote name='KASH' post='632479' date='Oct 21 2009, 03:50 PM']How about this one?

[url="http://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/products/2623-hercules_gsb001_guitar_stand_carry_bag"]http://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/products/26...stand_carry_bag[/url][/quote]

that one seems to be for the single stands only. It doesn't list the code for my stand

• 2 months later...

Just thought I'd post an update to this...

I emailed Hercules end of November to ask if they made a case. A nice bloke there said he would post me a replacement cardboard box as mine was damaged. Great, problem solved I thought.

A few weeks later, a parcel arrived containing a Hercules stand bag, padded with shoulder strap etc and a note which simply said 'with compliments'!

Service like that seems to be a rare thing these days so I thought it was worth a mention.

[quote name='jim_bass' post='703577' date='Jan 6 2010, 10:21 PM']Just thought I'd post an update to this...

I emailed Hercules end of November to ask if they made a case. A nice bloke there said he would post me a replacement cardboard box as mine was damaged. Great, problem solved I thought.

A few weeks later, a parcel arrived containing a Hercules stand bag, padded with shoulder strap etc and a note which simply said 'with compliments'!

Service like that seems to be a rare thing these days so I thought it was worth a mention.[/quote]

Thats great!