Why become a member? ×

Record, record, record...

Paul Cooke

Arghhh!!!

just had a great jam session yesterday... came up with several great patterns.. but now cannot for the life of me recall what I was doing...

Memo to self, record all future jam sessions... for my benefit and the benefit of the guitarists...

we smoked it during our 2 hour long jam in E minor... they played off me, traded lick battles with each other, I played off them, all the time moving on top of the steady rock beat from my Zoom B2.1U...

sadly just memory now...

[quote name='Paul Cooke' post='68179' date='Oct 1 2007, 03:02 PM']I'm sourcing a USB stereo microphone and using my laptop and Audacity to record sessions in future.

Can't justify spending money on a Zoom H4 recorder or a Minidisc player/recorder.

USB microphones are cheap nowadays and I've already got a laptop with CD burner on it.[/quote]

That's cool, I was only saying in case you or anyone else reading this had one already :)

I always try to take recording gear to gigs and rehearsals - usually just my digital camera which has a fairly decent mic for notepad use. We tend to work on jams and then once we're happy with the new material we record it - this does mean we miss out on the magic of the first jam but it saves trawling through tons of rubbish hay to find the needle of quality. I do regret not recording the first jam we had on a new thang I've written - it was almost as stupidly funky as this live rendition of 'Chicken Grease':

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4XI6LXCsH8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4XI6LXCsH8[/url]

Alex