Why become a member? ×

Some bass sessions for u 2 ear

mistahbenn

Hi guys

Not posted for ages... but thought you might wanna hear some sessions I did via the means of the internet. The producer sends me a bassless track, I load into Cubase, record a few passes, then zip up and send back. I have never met Harry Coade in person, but weve made over 10 tunes together! Madness.

[url="http://www.myspace.com/harrysremixes"]http://www.myspace.com/harrysremixes[/url]
Im on 7 Days, Frontin, and Naughty Girl

[url="http://www.myspace.com/harrycoade"]http://www.myspace.com/harrycoade[/url]
Im on I can see
Together

Enjoy!

HI Ben

Good to hear from you, I thought you were going to New York....have you been and come back ?

Good work on some cool tunes there mate. 'Together' is very good , has that MAW , Full Intention vibe .
I would still love to come over with some of the short scales for you to peruse , they have had yet another re-design.
Hope to see you sometime...

cheers...Paul

[quote name='mistahbenn' post='636008' date='Oct 25 2009, 11:37 AM']Mike! My man, thanks, yeh maybe down that way soon, but more likely going to New York, been offered work there :)

Hows yer lad doin?

Benn[/quote]

Little Ben is doing great - bit moany today though! - He's taking an interest in the bass - bit small to play one just yet though but likes hitting the strings randomly, bit like me!

Get yo' ass out to NYC man - sounds like a great opportunity - just played a nice gig myself at the LSO St Luke's here in London - really nice to be playing great venues to packed and appreciative audiences - need a few more like that for sure.

Keep in touch

Mike

[quote name='pegman1' post='636127' date='Oct 25 2009, 02:08 PM']I really like tthis stuff, so what other work do you do? Also what are you thinking about when you want to put a line to tracks like this? Just out of curiosit.

Sounds great :)[/quote]
Cheers man,

Other work includes sessions for another house producer, my own stuff, and some gigs, which has gone quiet now.

What do I think about? Feel, root notes, simplicity, fluidity, groove, the vocal, and FUNK.

Cheers!

[quote name='mistahbenn' post='636370' date='Oct 25 2009, 06:42 PM']Yo Pete,

Yeah was thinking about it. Any way of getting in free? I did do last year... How are you?[/quote]
Yeah, they sound good those tracks. That the Smith? Sounds sweet. Suits the tracks perfectly.

How did you blag Bassday for freebies? Saying that, if I don't pay, I suppose we get some busker off Market Street next year instead of the quality they're getting in for clinics :)

I'm sound mate, apart from the gigs being a little dried up this time of year. Wedding silly season is over, and busy in December, but not too much inbetween. Just got myself psychoandy's GB Spitfire so I'm aching to go out gigging with it. Friday/Saturday next week. Saturday's only in a pub in Chorlton (Lloyds) if you're not busy. If not, see you Nov 22nd prob.

Cheers,
Pete.

[quote name='mistahbenn' post='636135' date='Oct 25 2009, 02:19 PM']Cheers man,

Other work includes sessions for another house producer, my own stuff, and some gigs, which has gone quiet now.

What do I think about? Feel, root notes, simplicity, fluidity, groove, the vocal, and FUNK.

Cheers![/quote]

How d'you set yourself up with that gig then?