Why become a member? ×

Lane Poor Pickups to resume business

acidbass

[url="http://www.lanepoor.com/"]LINK[/url]

Great news - fantastic pickups by all accounts. I've been recently pricing a custom Stingray project build and think I might go for one of their famed MM humbuckers [i]a la[/i] Flea. Any opinions on said pickup/the company in general?

Danny

I've heard allot of good things about Lane Poor pickups. Apparently the man himself went awol a few years ago never to be seen since. It looks like a bit of a WAL thing going on with the new pickups being made by someone else who was affiliated with him. Let's hope they got the 'magic' they put in the originals. I'd like to try them just to see if they're as good as people said they were.

[quote name='henry norton' post='625195' date='Oct 13 2009, 04:41 PM']I've heard allot of good things about Lane Poor pickups. Apparently the man himself went awol a few years ago never to be seen since. It looks like a bit of a WAL thing going on with the new pickups being made by someone else who was affiliated with him. Let's hope they got the 'magic' they put in the originals. I'd like to try them just to see if they're as good as people said they were.[/quote]
I bought a pair of original soapbars i fitted in a MTD,IMHO they ain't all that!!in fact i liked the original pickups better!!

Edited by Bassilla

[quote name='Bassilla' post='625659' date='Oct 14 2009, 01:58 AM']I bought a pair of original soapbars i fitted in a MTD,IMHO they ain't all that!!in fact i liked the original pickups better!![/quote]

"Doh Beleev Da Hype!!!!!!"

Fair enough, it's always subjective I 'spose but what didn't you like about them???

[quote name='henry norton' post='625860' date='Oct 14 2009, 11:51 AM']"Doh Beleev Da Hype!!!!!!"

Fair enough, it's always subjective I 'spose but what didn't you like about them???[/quote]
Didn't sound any better then Barts or EMG's,but hey!you may love em!!if you want to pay silly prices to try them!.

I had some J ones in a bass. I expected............ well I don't know what I expected, they just sounded like a good pick up. I had worked myself into a frenzy of believing that my tone was about to take a quantum leap forward. It did not. I then learnt to trust my ears and not my eyes.