Why become a member? ×

MXR M288 Bass Octave Deluxe Effect Pedal

WILD FROG SHOT

Hello Effects Sages!

I'm pretty sure this is what I'm after, but just wanted to check with someone that owns one before buying.

I currently use a Korg MS2000 synth to create sub-bass synth sounds, but our live gear set-up is getting silly and sound men are running out of DIs; we really need to strip it down where possible. (We also take a Hammond Organ, Prophet Synth and Roland Keyboard, not to mention the laptop and various mics that are required for extra percussion/glockenspiel).

Basically my question is: If I were to get an MXR M288 and turn the Dry knob all the way to the left, will it cut the natural bass signal leaving me with just the octave below rather than a blend? The videos I've watched seem to suggest that it would.

It looks like an excellent pedal and has an analogue tone and true bypass!

Any help greatly appreciated.

The MXR looks very good, have your checked out the Aguilar Octamizer? that may also do what you want and sounds good in the demo.

[url="http://www.aguilaramp.com/octamizer_settings.htm"]http://www.aguilaramp.com/octamizer_settings.htm[/url]

Edited by Rumple

I just got one of these last week.

I'm rather impressed.
Nice sound, small size on the board and I like the mid switch.
Pity about the plethora of extra controls being hidden away inside the case, and not available on the outside for easier tweakability.

Tracking is more than useable on my 4 string.

Edited by Wud