Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fender Precision Bass 1965 / L Series / Olympic White

pepone2401

[quote name='Duarte' post='619488' date='Oct 7 2009, 11:41 AM']Yeah it is beautiful. Very very beautiful.

Looks like a P bass![/quote]

"Look like a P bass " What do you mean ???

[quote name='Rayman' post='619491' date='Oct 7 2009, 11:42 AM']Man......that's a beautiful bass guitar, same age as me too, so I feel that I should be the rightful owner? :)

You're [i]very[/i] lucky, and I'm [i]very[/i] jealous.[/quote]

Who knows... one day !!!

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='619489' date='Oct 7 2009, 11:41 AM']Wow! Superb. Very Lucky Man. How did you come to own it? that might be an interesting story.[/quote]

Not as interesting as that.... I won a bid on Ebay.. I was looking for an old Jazz Bass
and I came across this one... I bid once thinking there were no chance to get it and
I won... The guy who was selling it told me that the day and the hour of the end of the
auction there was an American Football match on TV and most of the bidders missed
the auction...

Edited by pepone2401

[quote name='pepone2401' post='619554' date='Oct 7 2009, 01:35 PM']"Look like a P bass " What do you mean ???[/quote]

It don't look like no Bongo I ever saw...

I mean it looks like a P bass. Therefore it is pretty.

It's awesome that the 'current market value' bit which is blacked out is verrrrrrrry long indeed!

Edited by Duarte

[quote name='Duarte' post='619791' date='Oct 7 2009, 04:29 PM']It don't look like no Bongo I ever saw...

I mean it looks like a P bass. Therefore it is pretty.

It's awesome that the 'current market value' bit which is blacked out is verrrrrrrry long indeed![/quote]

The value is written in numbers and in letters... That's because so long.
Current value today is much higher as it was when the appraisal was written in 2005 !!!

There is one very similar on sale on Ebay rigth now, but the general condition of it isn't as good as my bass !!!
In adition, the one on Ebay is from 1966, that's to say, a year younger, wich means inside CBS era...
Just have a look and check the price they are asking for it: [url="http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270465938710&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNARL:FR:1123"]http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...B:WNARL:FR:1123[/url]

Edited by pepone2401