Why become a member? ×

Removing the head from my MB Jeff Berlin Combo

Raslee

Hi Guys,
I love my 15" Mark bass Jeff Berlin Combo and my extension 15" cab but i'd like to remove the head (i think its the same as the mark bass LM2), to use on its own on special occasions with another cab (Ampeg 8x10 4ohm).

Is there any small case/bag they can go into or can i buy the LM2 lid piece anywhere? Any suggestions welcome. Please note i am also very crap at DIY :rolleyes:

[quote name='Rasta' post='616531' date='Oct 4 2009, 02:37 PM']Hi Guys,
I love my 15" Mark bass Jeff Berlin Combo and my extension 15" cab but i'd like to remove the head (i think its the same as the mark bass LM2), to use on its own on special occasions with another cab (Ampeg 8x10 4ohm).[/quote]

What you need is an axe :)

I'll close the door on me way out

I bought the head part of a Jeff Berlin comob, and can confirm it is identical to a LMK II in every sense apart from the front panel, however i've no idea how the person i bought it off got it out of the combo! Thinking about it, this reply hasn't been of much use... nevermind, good luck!

There should be two allen key type bolts on the top of the combo near the front.
Unscrew those, unplug the speaker cable and ease the unit out of the front by gently pushing the rear of the head forward.
Make sure you put some kind of suitable cover on top being using with another cab.
I did this a couple of times with my 2x10 combo when I needed to drive a larger cab.

Forgot to say, if you try to order, Markbass will not provide a new top cover without serial number so come up with a good excuse as to why you want to use the the amp outside of the combo and you may be able to order something direct.

Edited by whynot

its easy and you only need to take off the 4 allen keys in cmd121p thats the case you dont need to go to markbass to get a top simply take a plastic chopboard and screw it to it then buy the markbass bag and stick it in finito you have your own head i ve used it to anything 4x10 8x10 2x10 and is awsome