Why become a member? ×

Tobias Toby Pro 6 string - SOLD

rapscallion

Selling my Toby Pro sixer basically because it doesn't get the attention it deserves anymore, and will hopefully fund some near endless G.A.S. :)

The bass is thru neck [maple and wenge construction w/ rosewood board] with maple wings, in cherry red. Fitted with a Wilkinson bridge [the originals are meant to be kak [i]- yes, the stock bridge was absolute garbage! Rich[/i]] and the preamp is an EMG BQS 3-band eq. The string spacing at the bridge is 17mm and 10mm at the nut. It weighs 10lbs. [thanks to Rich for the ACTUAL info :rolleyes:]

Looking for £350 ono. Possibly trade, but the dollars would be prefered. Located nr [b]Guildford, Portsmouth[/b], but can deliever within reason.

Cheers, Will

Edited by rapscallion

If I was looking for an entry level 6 that could potentially be something I could live with over the longer term, this bass would be my no. 1 choice. OK the stock pickups and preamp aren't anything to write home about but upgrade them with some Wizard GEMs and a u-retro and you'll have a very nice instrument. That this bass has some upgrades already and its still a good price makes it all the more tempting. I found the body shape, neck and string spacing were very comfortable.

Oh sorry about that, I'm close to Guildford, Surrey, and Portsmouth.

Jim Bob, the bass certainly has the same offset body type as a Jazz bass, but no, not entirely

Some information regarding the hardware, the pickups are the original Tobias soapbars, but the pre-amp is an EMG BQS 3-band eq. The bridge is a Wilkinson. The only slight nick on it is on the upper horn, and is barely noticable. If anybody would like pictures I'll be happy to sort them out.

Where abouts would I measure string spacing from?

[quote name='Rich' post='616567' date='Oct 4 2009, 02:52 PM']Hi all

This is my old bass -- the bridge is actually a Wilkinson and the preamp is an EMG BQS 3-band eq. And if I had the dosh, I'd consider buying it back! :)[/quote]
I did wonder, after I saw the bridge. :rolleyes:

OK, I've played this bass and its very nice. Nuff said.

• 3 weeks later...