Why become a member? ×

im looking into rebuilding an old svt

0175westwood29

ive never even done anything like this apart from in school but im thinking it be a good project for me to take my time over as long as its a bit cheaper than an already made svt? which im thinking it might not be but who cares really as it may take months! years even!

also does anyone know of any smaller kits like say a 50w valve amp that can be made diy, as im gonna learn as i go, or any good books that explain amp building so i can get my head round it.

andy

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='613315' date='Sep 30 2009, 09:39 PM']Ampegs are weird and schematics are hard to find. Do somehting easier. And sned that SVT to me. I'll send you a much simpler 1969 Carlsbro with a schematic for it.[/quote]

nah im gonna take time and find a knackered one and im thinking im gonna build a baby one first! and work up.

anyone know of a place that does such things in the uk?

andy

[quote name='0175westwood29' post='613342' date='Sep 30 2009, 10:02 PM']nah im gonna take time and find a knackered one and im thinking im gonna build a baby one first! and work up.

anyone know of a place that does such things in the uk?

andy[/quote]

Look up Torres. They have a special offer on the ideal thing: [url="http://www.torresamps.com/promotion.htm"]Torres[/url]

Bear in mind you don't really get tiny bass valve amps.

For what Torres are asking for 1 watt, you could probably find a hundred watts of vintage amp in need of some TLC (although you could spend that again just on valves). The big question is, have you ever seen a vintage SVT for sale in need of repair?

If you have, here's a link to some schematics; [url="http://www.drtube.com/guitamp.htm#Ampeg"]Ampeg Schematics[/url]