Why become a member? ×

My new Cobelens & de Bruyne! It's hot!

BassAgent

I already own a Cobelens & de Bruyne Primo bass:

Maple body, merbau top, maple neck, rosewood fretboard, Seymour Duncan Basslines soapbars, Aguilar OBP-3 preamp.

But because of some things I didn't like (size, weight and neck size) they're building a new bass for me. It's going to have an ash body, spalted birch top, maple/wengé/greenheart neck, ebony fretboard, SD Basslines and Aguilar OBP-3. It's in progress at the moment, and I hope it's finished by Christmas.

What do you think of the bass? I've noticed about half of the people find it ugly, and half think it's stunning. I think it's absolutely wonderful :)

[quote name='BassBus' post='611463' date='Sep 29 2009, 12:35 AM']Lovely looking bass. I love the look of their 'Henzelli' bass. What kind of prices do their basses sell for?[/quote]
It depends completely on what you want. If you want a Primo like mine, think of prices in the range of about £1500. But they're absolutely worth it :)

The Henzelli is great as well. I think the looks are something you really have to get used to, but it sounds and plays so awesome!

I am in doubt. I maybe want to have Nordstrand Dual Coils (or Fat Stacks) in my bass instead of Seymour Duncan Basslines, because I think I can get more out of the bass with Nordstrands. Problem is: they cost me about £200 extra and I don't know if they'll fit one-on-one.

What would you guys do?

They have better mids and sound more 'solid' in the mix. The highs are crisper and the lows more defined - the B string has improved tremendously, it's a lot clearer and has much more sustain.

The best part about it - apart from the price is you can call Andy and tell him exactly what sound you're looking for and he'll have them to you in a matter of days. Top bloke, fantastic service, highly recommended.