Why become a member? ×

EXSTENSIVELY upgraded OLP Tony Levin

Rayman

I said I'd never sell it for sentimental reasons, and for the fact that with all the upgrades I'd never get my money back, but because I'm keeping the Kinal, I still need some cash.

Close up of the upgrades

and the brass nut.

You know what the rest looks like.

Standard OLP Tony Levin in the more desirable quilt top. Upgrades; Nordstrand 5.2 pickup, John East 3 band EQ, beautiful brass nut (handmade), and a musicman battery box on the back.

Mint condition except for two tiny holes on the back where the new battery box was fitted.

This bass is now a truly amazing bass. I've spent over £400 on upgrades, the East EQ was £175 and the pup was £120, no expense spared. So the electrics are now the best of the best IMO, the bass plays and sounds stunning.

What can I ask for it?? I'll never get the cash back on it, but it has to be worth £300 of anyone's money for the parts alone. Comes in a Ritter bag.

If someone has a Japanese Fender Precision or Jazz to offer in a trade I'm interested.

NOW SOLD.

Edited by Rayman

Sound samples.....god, I'm clueless about stuff like that, I'll consult my brother who might know what to do.

Thanks for all the offers folks, but they're not quite what I need at the moment, although the EDB looks very interesting. I'm hoping for a simple Jazz or Precision, but cash is king right now I must admit.

[quote name='Rayman' post='613440' date='Sep 30 2009, 11:34 PM']Sound samples.....god, I'm clueless about stuff like that, I'll consult my brother who might know what to do.

Thanks for all the offers folks, but they're not quite what I need at the moment, although the EDB looks very interesting. I'm hoping for a simple Jazz or Precision, but cash is king right now I must admit.[/quote]

Let me know if you want a Bash on the EDB. Im not swung either way either yet!