Why become a member? ×

status s2 headless one of a kind colour/finish combo...

al embic

alder body...metallic blue finish....chrome hardware...19mm string spacing.... board 302....
as far as i know it's a one off colour/finish combo in great condition...(one ding on the thinner section of the under-arm rear end of the body.thanks to a tool of drummer!!!)i'll get some pics and post on here asap.ding can't be seen from front or back of the bass and as soon as it's strapped on it's under your arm.
hiscox case and a few sets of 35 db hotwires thrown in too.....amazing looking bass in the flesh,plays like a dream..very punchy hi-fi status sounds as you'd expect.
£999......sold!!

Edited by al embic

One sexy looking Killer bass ....

[quote name='al embic' post='608510' date='Sep 25 2009, 11:41 AM']alder body...metallic blue finish....chrome hardware...19mm string spacing.... board 302....
as far as i know it's a one off colour/finish combo in a1 as new condition...
hiscox case and a few sets of db hotwires thrown in too.....amazing looking bass in the flesh,plays like a dream..very punchy hi-fi status sounds as you'd expect.
looking for offers around £1200.
anyone interested is more than welcome to come and try her out in lancashire...[/quote]

had a few moans about the price.....it's guide.....no sensible offer will be dismissed out of hand.....i'm led to believe theres at least a 16 week wait for a new one and the price would be up towards the £1700.....this is a real chance to get an as new,one off,for a good saving.

Quite true, the basic price of a new one would be £1425 before the custom finish, which I'd guess would put at least another couple of hundred onto the price.

To give you an example, to change the spec of a bolt on Status model from satin finish lacquer to custom gloss polyester lacquer costs £350. So this kind of paint job is going to be very expensive if you order it. There's also the matter of the 16 week wait on orders at the moment...

So even at £1200 this is a bargain point to start talking numbers with Al here & I'm sure he'll knock you some off for a quick sale :)

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='609213' date='Sep 26 2009, 01:28 PM']Quite true, the basic price of a new one would be £1425 before the custom finish, which I'd guess would put at least another couple of hundred onto the price.

To give you an example, to change the spec of a bolt on Status model from satin finish lacquer to custom gloss polyester lacquer costs £350. So this kind of paint job is going to be very expensive if you order it. There's also the matter of the 16 week wait on orders at the moment...

So even at £1200 this is a bargain point to start talking numbers with Al here & I'm sure he'll knock you some off for a quick sale :)[/quote]

cheers for the back up otpj......oh look,i've bumped it back to page one....ooops!

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='623428' date='Oct 11 2009, 08:20 PM']This is such a lovely bass at an amazing price as well. Someone must have readies somewhere.

Once you've played an S2 it's hard to look back. It's the ultimate do-anything bass. :)[/quote]

thanks again mate....not looking like anyone has the pennies for this....or are they lurking for a price drop????

[quote name='TheBlueFalcon' post='628668' date='Oct 17 2009, 01:04 PM']I have to say that I probably would have taken your arm off with the bass by now, if I wasn't on such a tight budget.[/quote]

i could maybe arrange for a spare arm in the deal...lol.....