Why become a member? ×

Carvin now shipping worldwide

7string

With the Hugh McDonald thread, I wrote a bit about Carvin so I thought I'd start a thread on it's own.

Carvin guitars are built in the USA, but up until recently were only available in the USA. I've seen pictures of their stuff over the years and managed to get a copy of the (USA only) DVD showing different artists and their gear (Steve Vai, Joe Walsh, Timothy B.Schmidt to name a few). Carvin build everything guitars, basses, amps, PA systems, mixing boards and so on.

Anyway, Carvin have a new(ish) site called [url="http://www.carvinworld.com"]Carvin World[/url] and they're now shipping to the UK!

It seems as close to custom as you can get as there are so many options to choose from. Wood, colour, frets, dots, different pickups etc etc. There's also some instruments in stock so they're available straight away.

Definitely worth a look around :)

Hope i didnt push the buy button ...

My choice was a bb70p in white white swamp ash 4 string fully tooled piezo birdseye custom frets humbuckers abalone logo inlaid control knobbage , hard case and delivery

a touch under $1400 !! plus import duty VAT grrr i guess that takes the sheen off it ..... but still bargainous price for a handbuilt instrument

whats the exchange rate in about 3 minutes ??

Only ever had a fumble around on a couple of Carvins , but very well put together and very playable they were too ,

Could never understand why they didnt have a proper outlet distribution in europe / uk so about time ..remember having some fax and postal dealings way back before this interweb thingy.

Thanks for the heads up

Gary
v8