Why become a member? ×

Veillette Piccolo Bass

franzbassist

[b][color="#FF0000"]GONE[/color][/b]

Fantastic piccolo bass from Joe Veillette's workshop in Woodstock!

This bass weighs just 7lbs and is 26.1" scale. It was designed to be strung BEAD or EADG with nylon strings (specifically, the bottom four from the La Bella BG-10 set) tuned an octave higher than a normal bass guitar.

Pickup is an NB Ducer 4000 from Japan with a D-Tar Timberline 18 volt Preamp. Controls are a simple Volume and Tone.

Poplar body with a quilted maple top, wenge/ebony bridge and wenge fingerboard on, I assume, a maple neck. It's in very good condition, with just two tiny nicks on the headstock and one on the top. Chrome Gotoh tuners and Dunlop straplocks. The package is rounded out by a Levys gigbag.

Cheers

Gareth

Edited by walbassist

[quote name='walbassist' post='619893' date='Oct 7 2009, 07:31 PM']It works perfectly well with regular strings too Mike! I have it strung it as a tenor guitar with nickel wound d'Addarios and it was fine.

I woule be very interested in your EUB, can you send me details please?[/quote]

Sure, I'll try and do it later tonight.

[quote name='walbassist' post='621343' date='Oct 9 2009, 09:43 AM']Still available.[/quote]
Got a rather lovely `German Blonde` 3/4 size double bass that I`d consider trading. It was built int he 50`s, is in superb condition, and was recently valued by a dealer as being worth around £1400. He oiffered me £900 cash for it. Interested?

[quote name='saxobass' post='623411' date='Oct 11 2009, 08:02 PM']Got a rather lovely `German Blonde` 3/4 size double bass that I`d consider trading. It was built int he 50`s, is in superb condition, and was recently valued by a dealer as being worth around £1400. He oiffered me £900 cash for it. Interested?[/quote]

Thanks for the offer, but it's an electric upright I'm after - Eminence, NS WAV, Aria Lite etc...