Why become a member? ×

Howdy to you all!

funkyspuke

Hello,

My name is Luke and I am from Bradford in West Yorks.

I have been playing bass for around 9 years and have owned a number of bass guitars in my time :rolleyes:

1st - Squire bass - my learning bass
2nd - Musicman copy which was rubbish haha
3rd - Yamaha bass, don't really know much about it (my father gave me it) but still own it. currently on loan
4th - Warwick Thumb Bolt on. Great bass and helped me progress. loved the sound and feel of it. This however was sold to make way for ...
5th - Modulus Flea Bass. Silver Sparkle, aguilar pre amp .. basically the top spec. best bass I have ever had and love it to bits and will never part with it :) mainly because I am still paying for it!

Anyway, my main inspirations are Stanley Clarke and Flea mainly. I have modeled myself on Flea ... a little too much sometimes haha! I love playing aggressive funk bass and have played in bands for the last 8 years.

I am using bass chat to find myself a new bass, get into understanding bass guitars on a more technical scale and speak to others and get other peoples opinions.

speak soon

Luke

Hi Luke and welcome :)

That's just about the classic-est evolution. Glad you're enjoying the Modulus. Also pleased to hear you're joining the ranks of the "oh, alright, just [i]one[/i] more bass" brigade. As for opinions on BC - bring your sou'wester - they're coming down like stair-rods.

Hope you enjoy the forum.