Why become a member? ×

TRACE 2103X cab 4 ohm (£85)

jhk

This is a part rescue of an ailing cab .It`s a 2 X 10 cab with two 5inch speakers.The only ailing part is that the rear attenuator does not seem to make a lot of difference,(maybe thats my old ears) ,(could be defective pot or crossover,although subsequently a previous owner tells me he did change pot.So could be a lot simpler).
However I have put two new peavey 10 inch bass speakers in (same as tx type).The previous trace 10 inch ones were knackered!!
So it works absolutely fine as a straight 2 x 10!
All I want to do is to break even on parts and stuff so I would like £85 for it.I will not do shipping but I`m willing to drop off to serious buyer.I drive daily between brighton and SW london so anywhere on route would be fine.I also deliver in home counties a lot (as part of my day job)so that could be considered.Also I`m keen for buyer to make sure it (as above) works to their satisfaction before they part with cash.
Take no notice of back plate as it states 8 ohm but it now has two 8 ohm speakers in parallel which is a definate 4 ohms!

Edited by jhk

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='603438' date='Sep 20 2009, 11:30 AM']Do the 2 x 5" drivers work Jon?[/quote]
As far as i can tell .They move freely without that `grating` which normally signifies coil touble.

[quote name='bennifer' post='603853' date='Sep 20 2009, 07:27 PM']Possibly take this on payday at the end of the month. You travel near Farnborough during your commute? Just off the M3. Ta. Ben[/quote]

I`ll keep the ad open to others meantime.

regards

I`m abroad for a while so can`t deal with any sudden sales demands( If They happen).Be back about 3rd Oct.

P.S If it`s a nailed on sale farnborough can be entertained.

Edited by jhk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='jhk' post='598689' date='Sep 14 2009, 07:59 PM']This is a part rescue of an ailing cab .It`s a 2 X 10 cab with two 5inch speakers.The only ailing part is that the rear attenuator does not seem to make a lot of difference,(maybe thats my old ears) ,(could be defective pot or crossover,although subsequently a previous owner tells me he did change pot.So could be a lot simpler).
However I have put two new peavey 10 inch bass speakers in (same as tx type).The previous trace 10 inch ones were knackered!!
So it works absolutely fine as a straight 2 x 10!
All I want to do is to break even on parts and stuff so I would like £85 for it.I will not do shipping but I`m willing to drop off to serious buyer.I drive daily between brighton and SW london so anywhere on route would be fine.I also deliver in home counties a lot (as part of my day job)so that could be considered.Also I`m keen for buyer to make sure it (as above) works to their satisfaction before they part with cash.
Take no notice of back plate as it states 8 ohm but it now has two 8 ohm speakers in parallel which is a definate 4 ohms![/quote]

When you say the Home Counties, does that include Bedford? mike

• 2 weeks later...