Why become a member? ×

Hello there

TheDaivisch

This seems like a pretty friendly helpful forum, so I thought I'd introduce myself properly.

I'm Dave. I've been playing (on and off) for 12 years or so. I've just got all excited about playing bass again after about 2 years of all but giving up (not enough time due to of all things, bodybuilding!) Now I've scaled it back and bought myself a brand new Warwick corvette $$ Zebrano special edition. A fantastic bass.

I'm more enthusiastic about the bass than I remember being for years. It's amazingly easy to get stuck in a rut technically and stylistically, but it seems like I've managed to break that over the course of just the last few months. I've actually started challenging myself technically (learning some Jaco and Victor etc, which I was too lazy/busy to learn before) and I'm feeling pretty stoked about the whole thing.

Music wise, I listen to a wide range of music from Jeff Buckley to Hardcore metal ( I was in hardcore metal band for 8 years). Marcus Miller is probably my favourite bass player at the moment. Perhaps not the most technically impressive, but man can he write a groove.

My only project at the moment is a yet to gig covers band playing the usual mix of radio friendly (and not so radio frindly) rock. Fun, but I'm also looking for something a bit more technical and creative to keep me challenged.

Gear: 2009 Warwick Corvette $$ Zebrano Special edition
2000(ish) G&L ASAT in gold flake (FOR SALE)
Gallien Krueger 212 neo cab
As yet undecided head...
Zoom multi effects pedal (fun, but hardly any of the effects are actually useable!)
Sansamp RBI

Hi TheDavisch and Welcome :)

Good to hear you're all fired up and brimful of enthusiasm - but beware - this forum is [i]strangely addictive[/i] - you can wind up spending more reading and posting on BC than actually playing your bass.

Hope that you enjoy yourself here and that the covers band is strutting its stuff soonest!