Why become a member? ×

Aria STB-GT5 Precision/MM hybrid

Bassassin

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140159458511"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=140159458511[/url]

The Aria STB-GTs attracted a bit of GAS & drool back in the BW days, and I snagged a 4-string version of this bass a few months back.

The pics on the listing really don't do it justice, they really are gorgeous - bookmatched flamed top, bound body, maple board & pearl block inlays. Decent hardware & an active circuit too.

I think list is about £250 - £300 for this.

I'm half-tempted myself, but for the fact I have no use for another 5er!

Jon.

Edited by Bassassin

[quote name='beerdragon' post='64036' date='Sep 22 2007, 02:04 PM']This is being sold by the the Aria factory as a seconds because of imperfections. i wonder if any other maker does this, i would'nt mind getting a Fender or rick cheap just because someone has scratched it.[/quote]
BD,
They probably do. It is finding HOW they do it. I know Aria sell off "end of lines" through the trade at stupid prices. When I "won" the free bass from guitar magazine, the one I recieved was faulty, (the cheap P Bass copy). They collected and then discovered all the Pa Basses were like that as they are built to a price. This was when the offered me the Pro Bass and sent a list to chose from. It was a list of discontinued gear at about 70% off retail
Maybe a few speculative e-mails may bring an answer. The answer may be "Sod Off" but who knows......