Why become a member? ×

spector necks

charic

Where can i find a spector legend 4 bolt-on (unless theres a better spector for the same money if so let me know) in black holoflash? This should be around £400 i THINK. Are their better basses for the money? Also can you possibly compare the necks to any others? At the moment my three favourite necks are fender p bass, warwick corvette and musicman sterling.

[quote name='charic' post='63740' date='Sep 21 2007, 06:57 PM']Where can i find a spector legend 4 bolt-on (unless theres a better spector for the same money if so let me know) in black holoflash? This should be around £400 i THINK. Are their better basses for the money? Also can you possibly compare the necks to any others? At the moment my three favourite necks are fender p bass, warwick corvette and musicman sterling.[/quote]

Sound Control are the importers/distributors of Spector over here so talk to them. If you're willing to buy 'used' check out a Spector Euro/LX or NS2A in preference to the Legend. You can sometimes find them on eBay....

I found the neck on my brother's Legend to be quite P bass like. Lovely bass, amazing build quality for the money. The only thing I would change would be the preamp, it wasn't as focused as I would like. A great sound out of the box though, and plays like butter.

• 2 weeks later...

Spector dont finish the Legend series basses in holoflash as far as i know...
[url="http://www.spectorbass.com/NewFiles/professionalseries.html"]http://www.spectorbass.com/NewFiles/professionalseries.html[/url]
I would recommend looking at Indie Basses (www.indieguitars.com). I find their basses every bit as good as the equivalent spector or warwick models. I would also recommend Cort basses, particularly the GB line if £400 is roughly your budget.
As for necks, spector necks (when they're set up properly) i find are a little thicker than fender necks but much more comfortable to play on. As for Warwicks, i find them quite uncomfortable to play full stop. Something about their basses (bar the thumb) just doesnt agree with me.
Hope this helps!
Ben