Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot V-Type 4x8 Combo..SOLD SOLD SOLD

overwater#1

[quote name='Delberthot' post='615446' date='Oct 3 2009, 01:39 AM']This is exactly what I imagine a valve amp should sound like without the expense of having the expense of changing power tubes. It has a nice amount of grit and overdrive if you want to push the valves a bit but can very warm and full sounding if you back off a bit.[/quote]

+1
Got the V-Type 300w head - not a TE fan myself, but love it. I've found it's one of those few amps that sound good, just plugging in, simple basic EQ section - controls at twelve o'clock. No constant tweaking or messing about.

[quote name='Delberthot' post='632901' date='Oct 21 2009, 10:07 PM']I can't believe that this is still here. I'm absolutely loving my 1x15" one - one of the simplest and best sounding amps I've ever owned[/quote]
Hell yes, a great combo, as is the 4x8 :)

• 3 weeks later...

No, i've had it up for sale for a while, but not bumped it regularly, as i'm certainly not desperate to shift it. But I do really need a fretless bass for some work i've got, so could do with shifting to get money for this. Can't afford to buy anything else outright, as gotta place at RNCM next year.. time to start saving!!!

[quote name='overwater#1' post='670722' date='Dec 1 2009, 08:20 AM']No, i've had it up for sale for a while, but not bumped it regularly, as i'm certainly not desperate to shift it. But I do really need a fretless bass for some work i've got, so could do with shifting to get money for this. Can't afford to buy anything else outright, as gotta place at RNCM next year.. time to start saving!!![/quote]

Hi Brian,
Yes its in A1 really, a tiny mark on the carpet on the back, which is genuinely un-noticeable. Its been serviced and works flawlessley! A great amp! I will weigh it this morning, and get dimensions for you. Where abouts are you based? Thanks very much! Best wishes, Matt
[quote name='Oldman' post='670750' date='Dec 1 2009, 09:02 AM']Matt, I had the 1 x 15 version some time ago and I loathed to part with it (but I did). Can you let me have the Dimensions and Weight please I assume it is in A1 condition. Brian[/quote]

[quote name='overwater#1' post='670761' date='Dec 1 2009, 09:16 AM']Hi Brian,
Yes its in A1 really, a tiny mark on the carpet on the back, which is genuinely un-noticeable. Its been serviced and works flawlessley! A great amp! I will weigh it this morning, and get dimensions for you. Where abouts are you based? Thanks very much! Best wishes, Matt[/quote]

[quote name='Oldman' post='670794' date='Dec 1 2009, 09:46 AM']Matt, I am in Aberdeen, passed Blackpool via Liverpool and Southport last Sunday gone on the way back up. Does it have a cover? Regards

Brian[/quote]

Hi Brian,

Will you be passing Blackpool again anytime? I don't have a cover i'm afraid, although for a smidge more perhaps, I could get one made, as my sister studies textiles and similar at college..

Details coming shortly!

Cheers!

Matt

[quote name='overwater#1' post='673401' date='Dec 3 2009, 04:55 PM']Sorry Brian, just got in from work..! Cheers Mert, those definitely right?

Let me know, feel free to PM me Brian. Apologies for not getting details sooner.

Best wishes, Matt[/quote]
I believe so, that's what I remember anyway :)

BUMP!!

Trades for any decent basses, try me. After 5 or 6ers ideally, or any Fender, vintage. Ideally, I want a 5 or more string Overwater fretless. Or any 5 or more string high end bass. Can add some cash, would love a Ken Smith! Try me..

Thats what i'm saving for..!!

Or straight sale, welcome!! Thank you very much! Matt