Why become a member? ×

Glastonbury

tanuki

hey there,

shameless self promotion but i am quite excited about this..

[url="http://www.glastowatch.co.uk/2009/glastonbury-lineup-2010-announced/"]http://www.glastowatch.co.uk/2009/glastonb...2010-announced/[/url]

not sure what the prize is yet exactly but it was great to play on a big stage (i think it was the jazz stage)

i didnt think we were going to win so i hit the free bar and anything i could find after the gig, as a result my Decade got its first ding when i stumbled into a monitor when we had to come on and play another song..

[attachment=32467:JEVE2.jpeg]

Edited by tanuki

Thanks Rev, which ones did you see?

I did try and go to see Ste's MOU gig that year but it clashed with one of mine, (i think i had 7 with 4 different bacds that year..ulp) I saw some pics though and it looked good to me!

This glastonbury thing has been good for the vistics, allthough we have played Glastonbury for a few years now, we allways play on the smaller stages in the green fields etc, as the bands sound changed we found that we couldnt get a gig in 2009 as we were too heavy for the stages we had previously played (that and we left it way too late to apply)

No idea which stage yet tho.. im still going to try and get one in Trash City or Arcadia, both areas were really good this year and most of the bands play after dark and after the main stages so there are loads of people passing through there..

Hey Tanuki, I think we met briefly 'backstage' at the bandstand, probably 2007. I was booked for Lost Vagueness and Avalon with The Ukes of Hazzard, and was hanging out with Stuart and Fiona from Vladimir Steamboat, I think you'd rushed down from another stage to do that gig with them (?). John gave me an EP, which I came across tidying up today, sure enough, John The Revelator. Congrats :)

Do you gig much in Bristol? I have a grown-up-left-home son living there as well as some friends and often visit for a spot of R&R...

[quote name='tanuki' post='593910' date='Sep 9 2009, 02:48 PM']Thanks Rev, which ones did you see?

I did try and go to see Ste's MOU gig that year but it clashed with one of mine, (i think i had 7 with 4 different bacds that year..ulp) I saw some pics though and it looked good to me!

This glastonbury thing has been good for the vistics, allthough we have played Glastonbury for a few years now, we allways play on the smaller stages in the green fields etc, as the bands sound changed we found that we couldnt get a gig in 2009 as we were too heavy for the stages we had previously played (that and we left it way too late to apply)

No idea which stage yet tho.. im still going to try and get one in Trash City or Arcadia, both areas were really good this year and most of the bands play after dark and after the main stages so there are loads of people passing through there..[/quote]

The last one was a while ago - Emily Breeze and John E Vistic at the Louie. My girlfriend says she tried to chat you up at Renato's after the gig :)

How was the Junction last night? we were intending to go but I had to pick up a PA for the weekend/drop posters off etc. Hve the cleaned the place up?