Why become a member? ×

Sandberg Basic Ken Taylor 5,,SOLD.SOLD

Beneath It All

I bought this from Mart the Bass, in July - sadly,it weighs in at 9.5 pounds which seems to be one pound heavier than my back will cope with; Exactly as I bought it..Suberb instrument in all respects...You can find Mart the Bass original thread [june6], sure he won't mind..Price £570.

Edited by Beneath It All

hmmm.... at that price it's worth the drive up north to collect!..... if it was with a maple board, I wouldn't hesitate....
I'm having a basic 5 made with a maple board in greenburst [i](...ready early Nov)[/i] through Jam Guitars... but it's costing me a lot more... & one less pickup!.... hmmmm.... :)

[quote name='bottomfeed' post='593017' date='Sep 8 2009, 04:29 PM']hmmm.... at that price it's worth the drive up north to collect!..... if it was with a maple board, I wouldn't hesitate....
I'm having a basic 5 made with a maple board in greenburst [i](...ready early Nov)[/i] through Jam Guitars... but it's costing me a lot more... & one less pickup!.... hmmmm.... :)[/quote]

Nice bit of rosewood on this one as I recall.

They'd make a nice matching pair. :rolleyes:

I compared this KT5 with a basic 4 banger - the second pickup did bring in a lot more tonal options without causing me all the confusion that my old G&L L2.5K did.

[quote name='martthebass' post='593313' date='Sep 8 2009, 09:26 PM']Nice bit of rosewood on this one as I recall.

They'd make a nice matching pair. :)

I compared this KT5 with a basic 4 banger - the second pickup did bring in a lot more tonal options without causing me all the confusion that my old G&L L2.5K did.[/quote]

:rolleyes: yep!.... if I was a wealthy man........
I really don't think I need more than 2 fives...my trusty Ray & a sandberg.....my G&L's [i]almost[/i] sold....

.......or do I?! :brow: