Why become a member? ×

The cure for GAS thread

charic

[quote name='anti-barbie' post='63386' date='Sep 20 2007, 11:25 PM']I find being a student with sod all money tends to help. You know you can't have so you blinker yourself.[/quote]

Now way!

I'm at secondary school with sod all money, but that doesn't blinker me.

It just makes me want but know I cant have :)

Edited by lwtait

I have used 3 basses with my main band - a Warwick, a Sadowsky Metro and a Precision - over the last 5 years and I always seem to sound like me. I think they are all pretty different in terms of tone and feel but my band hardly notice the difference. Or if they do they never comment!
I have also recently changed amp with the same result.
New gear can sometimes keep me enthused about playing the same old set but usually the novelty quickly wears off.
I think I'm going to stick with what I have for now and use any spare cash for some lessons.
I'm gonna try anyway..... :)
Marcus Miller is one of my bass heroes and his website says he has owned over 50 basses. Quote - 'I've owned at least fifty basses but I usually play a 77 Fender Jazz bass'. I guess he can use what he wants these days but he usually plays that 77 Jazz for 90% of stuff.
Another quote from the Marcus Miller website - 'the most important thing is to settle on a bass then commit to it. Get to know your bass inside and out and play it in every situation you can'.
I know I'm lucky to have got to the stage where I have some nice gear but I've heard some killer bass players with frankly pretty ropey old basses and amps.

I also have a sticker on my computer that says 'don't surf - practice'. Anyway gotta go... :huh:

[quote name='Tinman' post='63670' date='Sep 21 2007, 03:59 PM']I'm praying that my bass GAS will be cured when the Shuker arrives (no guarantees mind). Downside of that is I'll probably have amp GAS instead :)[/quote]

Ah Haaa !!! Thats whats got me at the moment, but in my case its cab GAS. I'm thinking what if I swap the 1x15 and 2x10 for two 4x10's. there is no cure, GAS never ends, it just gets worse. :huh: :huh:

Edited by Johngh